Part 8- Attracted or Repulsed?

Começar do início

"Oh, I thought it was good communication, loyalty"

"Yeah yeah, listen hun, all that crap means nothing if the sex is whack, I am not even joking right now! That's why sex on the third date is important for me"

"Hahaha okay, I'll keep that in mind"

"You better do...I'm gonna go look for my man before he gets snatched by some LA Barbie she said and hugged her again before she left. After some ten minutes, Gerald returned with their drinks in his hands. "I'm sorry I took so long, I think they drink a little too much in LA" he joked.

"It's okay, Rachel kept me company anyways" she said as she took a sip from her drink.

It was now time for the chairman's speech and Ronald Regan who stood accompanied by his wife Martha both looked exceptionally radiant in a cream colored satin gown. He delivered a speech that resounded in the ears of everyone in the room.

"...and as you all know, my son, who we're still expecting here tonight, is still on his temporary leave from REGAL Corp., but I am happy to have a sister so capable that I'm sure REGAL Corp. New York, will have no problems functioning at its best. So now, please welcome the Acting-General Manager, and my beloved sister, Regina Regan!"  he announced and they all applauded, even though there were sarcastic faces made by virtually almost everyone when she mounted the podium to deliver her speech.

"Thank you all so much. First of all, I'll like to talk about how amazing it has been for me, working with the people of New York City. We treat each other as family, and..."

"Family indeed..." Maldives whispered to Gerald who tried hard to conceal his laughter. For the minutes that followed, time seemed to go by really slow for her as she lost interest in the show Regina was putting on for the entire crowd. She knew and her colleagues knew it too, that most of the things that came out of her lips were all public stunt.

She fought, fought really hard, to suppress the urge to search the hall for him, but she finally gave in. Left, right, front and back, she looked to find any sign of him. He was a pretty tall man, and she was sure that his 6ft3 frame was not one that would go unnoticed if it nestled somewhere around. Gerald noticed her unrest and was about to ask her the reason for it, when a call came into his phone and he had to he step outside to take it.

After excusing himself, she began walking round to see if she could find a trace of him. After minutes of endless searching, she gave up. Wait a minute, what am I even doing? It's not like I feel sad that he's not here...right? She tried to convince herself as she couldn't understand the reason why she suddenly had the feeling of disappointment inside of her. She then headed on to seek a refill of her glass, I need this before I go insane!

She found one of the guys who served the drinks and took another glass of the amber gold champagne which tasted anything but cheap.

"You might wanna step it down a little on the drinks ma'am" a voice whispered from behind her.

"Faury! It's so nice to see you, where had you been all night?"

"Oh I just got here, it took a while convincing a 'certain someone' to come here tonight"

"Why? Rita doesn't like parties?"

"I wasn't referring to Rita, I meant my brother"

"The doctor? He's here?"

"Yes, Fai is here, look, he's over there with our..."he was saying, pointing in the direction of Fai, who smiled as he greeted the guests, but he wasn't alone, his arm was closely hooked with that of someone else's.

A tall, blonde, slim lady who had legs that seemed to never end. She wore a long and silky yellow gown that had a slit which almost cut through her pelvic region, making her perfectly shaped legs even more obvious.