Chapter 18

Sabine was the first to wake up, and as she started to get up, she realized that she had just slept with Ezra. She smiled at that thought, she knew he had a crush on her when they were younger, but after Malachor, he kept to himself, and only cared about getting stronger. She remembers when she tried to get him to cheer up one time, she offered to dye his hair, to which he agreed, but only a few strands of hair. Of course, she took it took far coloring every string of hair he had, and so she had to give him a haircut. She smiled thinking of those memories. Just then, Ezra started stirring, and then blinked his eyes open. "Good Morning." Sabine said smiling. "Morning." He said still sounding tired, then realizing Sabine was on top of him. "Oh, sorry." She said rolling over off of him. "No, it's okay, that's the best I've slept in years." He said turning his head looking at her. They both just stared into each others eyes until Sabine looked away. "So... how have the past 5 years been?" She asked. Ezra seemed saddened by the question. Only now realizing it had been 5 years. "Yeah... it's been strange." He started. "What happened after you landed on Navarro?" She asked. "How did you know we were there?" He asked. " Ezra, you said you were counting on me, I wasn't going to give up unless I found out you were dead." She said taking his hand. This brought a smile to his face. "Well, it's a long story, but basically to sum it up, when we crashed, and Thrawn's soldiers tried to start a mutiny, and we ended up escaping through this imperial warlord there, and we decided to both walk out of the war, and come here peacefully." He said. "By the way, did the war end? How is everyone? Did they all survive the war?" He had a million questions. "Yeah, the rebellion won the war, and created the New Republic." Sabine started. "Really?" Ezra asked excitedly. "Did... did everyone survive?" He asked nervously. "Yeah, Hera became a general, and she's taking care a Jacen, Zeb and Kallus are living on Lyra San, and Rex is on Kamino to try to reverse his accelerated aging." Sabine said starting to dose off again. Ezra nodded, but then a confused expression grew on his face. "Who's Jacen?" He asked. Sabine's eyes opened, and then laughed realizing he didn't know Jacen. "Oh, uh, he's Hera and Kanan's son." She said smiling waiting for Ezra's expression. He just stared at her. "Hera and Kanan's..." he started, but then rubbed his head. "How? When did they-" He was cut off by Sabine, who didn't want to talk about when their parent figures conceived their child. "I don't know, but it was before he died, obviously." She said. "Wow..." Ezra just said in shock. "Does he have the force?" He asked. "Hera doesn't know, she doesn't know how to find out." Sabine explained. "That's crazy. But what have you been doing? He asked scooting closer to her. 'It's been 5 years and he's trying this.' She thought to herself smiling almost missing him doing this stuff. "I've been on Lothal, trying to help rebuild it, and using stuff from the old imperial factory to build weapons for the rebellion." Sabine explained snuggling closer to him with her head in the crook of his neck. "You stayed on Lothal the whole time?" Ezra asked surprised she would stay on Lothal for that long. "Well, when you left me that cryptic hint, 'I'm counting on you,' I thought it meant to watch over Lothal, but then I realized it was to find you and bring you home." She said looking up at him, their faces only inches apart. Ezra was turning red, and chuckling. "No, I wasn't counting on you to watch over Lothal, but, you did that all for me?" He asked. Sabine didn't know how to respond, and was now blushing herself, and looked down. "Well, yeah Ezra, you did so much for me, and for everyone, so... I thought I could make up for letting you walk away." She said on the verge of tears. Ezra heart warmed, as he could feel Sabine emotions. 'She likes me!' He thought to himself. He smiled and lifted Sabine's head to look at him. "Thank you Sabine." He said smiling and wrapped her in a hug which she quickly returned.They laid like that in each others arms for a while, until Thrawn walked in followed by Ahsoka and Taelia. "Ezra!" Taelia said and ran to them. Ezra and Sabine separated and sat up quickly blushing. Taelia jumped into Ezra's arms wrapping him in a hug. He smiled and said "I'm glad you're safe Tae." "Yeah, she saved me." Taelia said and pointed to Sabine. "She did?" He asked now looking at Sabine. "Yeah, and and her too." Now pointing to Ahsoka. Everyone was smiling now, when Thrawn spoke up. "Well Ezra, the doctors have allowed you to leave the med bay, and they recommend working out your new arm." Thrawn said. "My new what? AHH!" He said holding up his arm prosthetic limb and staring at it in shock. "H-how did I l-lose m-my arm?" He asked sheepishly. Sabine put her arms around his shoulder. "You had a bad injury that was infected, so to stop the infection from spreading they had to amputate it." She said taking his hand. "Oh." Was all he could say trying to move it around getting a feel for it. "I think it could use some color." Sabine said. This brought a smile to his face, and he nodded. "Yeah, sure, but also need a haircut, and a shave... and a shirt." He said looking down at himself. He had cuts and scars all over his chest and back from his time living on the streets to his capture and torture time. Sabine giggled and agreed as they got up to spend the day together, something they hadn't done in years.