Chapter 47~!

~A few minutes previous to Matthew's discovery~

Melina's POV~

I sighed and leaned against the wall, focusing on inhaling deeply as I thought about nothing and everything all at once. Does that make any sense? I was in the middle of a conversation with just myself and Tizzy, who I'd known since I was much younger. Hey, I see judgment in your eyes. Yes, she's a fairy, and I was very happy to see her after so long, so SHUSH!

"Melina~" Tizzy's small voice chimed as she descended from the sky and alighted on my head. "Oh my goodness, child! What happened to you?"

"Tizzy!" I exclaimed happily, holding up a hand for her to high-five. She never leaves me hanging, and today was no different. "I can't believe it! I haven't seen you in forever!"

"I missed you, too," she said, flitting down to my shoulder and pressing a motherly kiss to my cheek with her microscopic lips. "But you changed! I smell magic on you, did you run into a magician?"

I contemplated the question. "Yes, you could say that. I was turned into this by a rogue spell, that's all. I should be back to normal once Arthur fixes it."

"Hm, I'll have to meet this Arthur person," Tizzy said with a hand to her chin. "Well, you do look healthy if I do say so. Are you happy? Make you any good friends? Maybe even best friends?"

I grinned and started to tell her all about Matthew, Alfred, Feliciano, Arthur, and everyone elseI'd bonded with during my stay at Gakuen. She listened well, especially for a fairy. She'd told me once or twice that most of the other fairies she lived with were never very good at giving anyone else the time of day.

For those who haven't realized this, Tizzy was very much like a mother to me, especially after Selena died and left me with just Martin. Tizzy dried my tears and helped me get through all the times I'd wanted to die, although those didn't come until my troublesome teenage years. For a fairy, she was very compassionate and caring, which is what helped me a lot. I'm grateful to her being there for me for so long.

"My my, you sure have found a plethora of good friends at this school. I was sad when you left," Tizzy said, "but I was so glad you were able to escape. He really was horrible, wasn't he?"

I sighed and agreed. She left my shoulder and fluttered in front of me, taking in my appearance. "Yes, very healthy. Your breasts have grown some with proper nourishment, haven't they."

I blushed and covered my chest. "That's what you notice first?"

She laughed, a light tinkling in the wind. "Well that's the first thing I felt like commenting on, dear. How is the, uh, vampire thing working for you?"

I shrugged. "It's okay, more or less. I still don't like drinking blood."

Tizzy shook her head, tiny tongue sticking out in distaste. "Ugh, I'm sorry, Melina. That can't be very great.But you do have a good-looking guy who lets you drink from him, so that can't be too bad!"

My cheeks flushed and I looked down at the ground. "That's my best friend, Tizzy! He's not just some hot guy, okay?"

She giggled and was about to say something when she looked up, her microscopic nose twitching as she picked up scents in the breeze. I turned to face the direction she was facing and listened as well as sniffed. The air was permeated with the smells coming from the big city, making me wonder how Tizzy was even able to find me, especially when she was so far away from nature and where she called home. With that realization I looked at her and found empty air next to me.

"Tizzy?" I called, turning in a full circle as I looked around for her. She was nowhere to be found! "Where are you?"

There was a gruff laugh from above me and I glanced up quickly, a small gasp escaping my lips as I saw the three boys dressed all in tight black leather, floating a few feet above me head.