Chapter 79~!

"Uh oh," Italy said as he stood near the bow of the ship. "There are-a big black clouds over that-a way."

Captain Rayn appeared next to him, looking through her spyglass. "Yes, you are right," she said with a nod. "You four, get below. You vill only get in zhe vay."

"Vee~ I like-a your accent, Captain Rayn!" Italy said before skipping away to find America and Canada.

Rayn, only understanding the words "I", "like", and "your", just didn't reply, although she was still flattered nonetheless. See, the big bad preteen pirate captain does have a little bit of feminism in her!

"Italy, what's going on?" I asked as he came skipping up to America, Canada, and I.

"There are storm clouds-a coming, Rayn says-a to go inside and-a stay there," he reported.

"Aw, okay..." Canada said sadly, hugging Gilbird.

"Why does he keep coming back to you?" I asked him.

"He likes me, and Prussia said I could play with him as long as Sunshyn didn't get him again," Canada explained. The small yellow canary twittered and flapped his wings a little.

"Alright, let's go downstairs," I said, ushering them to the girls' cabin and watching out the window as we sailed into the storm.

It was intense! First we were fine, it was sunny and nice, and then there was a loud boom of thunder that made me shriek and throw myself back. America laughed at my over the top reaction.

"Hey, stop laughing! I wasn't expecting that to happen!" I told him defensively.

Rain pounded against the glass, and we could hear shouts coming from not far above our heads. With another burst of thunder came a shriek from Canada and Italy, the latter beginning to sniffle a little as tears formed. I walked over to the chest on the opposite side of the room and opened it, finding numerous blankets and other miscellaneous items. Grabbing a few of the warmer ones, I went to the corner of the room farthest from the door and started spreading the blankets out. With the last one, I held it up and beckoned for the young countries to get under as well. They all hurried over and crawled into my lap before I settled the blanket protectively around the four of us.

"Captain said to wait out the storm, so we will," I declared, glancing at the window and noting the hail and huge drops of rain hitting the glass.  The waves were growing in size, and the ship was beginning to rock from the force.

"Melina, what're we gonna do now?" Canada asked me as he cuddled up to me side, Gilbird resting on his head once again.

I shrugged. "I could tell a story, maybe. Or sing something. Or... I'm outta ideas."

"What kind of story would you tell?" America asked, craning his head back to look at me from his seat on my crossed legs.

I shrugged again and leaned my back against the wall, staring up at the swinging light fixture overhead. "I dunno..."

"A romance one?" Italy suggested, but America made an "Ick!" face in protest.

"Ugh, no way."

"Actually, that doesn't sound too bad," Canada said, looking mischievously at his brother.

"Uh oh, looks like the majority has it," I said while nudging the pouting chibi in my lap.

He harumphed. "Fine. But make it not too mushy, please?"

"Alright, but only because you said please," I replied before putting a hand to my chin as I thought. 'What to tell, what to tell...' "Do you know the story "The Beauty and the Beast"?"