Chapter 31~!

"...ke up! Wake up! Wake UP!" America's voice yelled excitedly in my ear. "Wake UP, sleepyheads!"

I groaned and snuggled closer to my pillow. "Not so loud, Al..."

"But it's Christmas! Presents! Santa!" America insisted. At the mention of Santa I remembered what happened the night before and sat up, rubbing my eye with the heel of my hand and yawning. Then my pillow muttered something softly and I realized it was Canada I'd been sleeping against.

"Morning," I greeted, and he returned it tiredly.

"Pre-sents!" America exclaimed, tugging off the blanket draped over the both of us.

My sleepy green eyes brightened and I rushed over to the tree, noting the packages Finland had left; they had the sparkly wrapping paper. And surrounding those were all the presents the other countries had gotten us three.

"Wooow..." I gaped, picking up a gift and looking at the label. "This one's from France to Mattie. Or Mathieu, as the tag says." I exaggerated the French name and added a perfect France voice to the mix just for fun.

We started divvying up the gifts into three piles and then started to tear into them with gusto. Spain got all three of us turtle Pillowpets (the larger size, not the tiny ones) and from Romano I got a T-shirt with a picture of a tomato on the front.

"To: the hamburger bastard. Yeah, this one's yours, Al," I said, giving the package to America.

France got me an expensive-looking wig the same shade of brown as my real hair, and it went down to my lower back in lazy waves.

"Whoaa..." I said, grabbing it and running into the bathroom to put it on. I came out and got right back to sorting through presents, but I had to stop when I felt two- no, three pairs of eyes staring at me. "Yes, this is what I look like with long hair, guys."

"Who are you?" Kumajirou asked, and this time I suppose his confusion was justified.

"You look like a... girl," America stated.

I rolled my eyes. "There's a reason for that."

Canada didn't say anything, and America shrugged before tearin open his gift from Russia. "He got me vodka? Okay then." That was set off to the side on the floor and I opened my gift from Prussia.

It was a necklace that had a nametag as the centerpiece, and written in the space where the name goes was the word "Awesome!" I laughed and turned it over to find that Prussia had written "Not as much as Prussia, though!" and drawn a little Gilbird in the corner. I smiled and slipped it on, pulling my wig's hair out from under the chain.

Italy got me a cookbook (mainly pasta dishes) and Germany had given me a new leash and collar for Zip and a German cookbook. Then I noticed there were a couple other presents to me from France, Spain, and Prussia. They turned out to be shoes and a dress that went well together. The dress was dark blue and had a halter top. The bottom edge was ragged and flowy, and there were gold accents that matched the heels on the neckline.

"Again, whoaa..."

"Put it on, Melina!" America suggested.

"Later," I said. "It's Christmas, so you're supposed to stay in your pajamas all day, right?"

"Good point."

Next I opened Japan's gift, which turned out to be a set of CDs. Confused, I read the note he attached to the stack of cases.

Merry Christmas, Melina, and I hope you like these. They are the Hetaloid songs I showed you before. I also included the originals so you can compare them. Please listen and tell me what you think?