Chapter 71~!

Captain's POV~

'Oh, look. More people to torture' I thought calmly as three members of my crew came back to my ship via a rowboat. 'Let's see if their mission was successful.'

"Did you bring them?" I asked the man with a gold earring in French.

"Yes," was his reply.

I eyed the boy - no, girl - they'd brought along. "And what is she here for?"

"Well, Captain, she was their companion and she was tasty-looking," he answered with a devilish grin. "Also, she was about to defend them from us."

"Ah. Very well. I will question her when she awakens. Who knows, perhaps she is a gift from those in higher power," I said amusedly to myself. "Wouldn't that be nice..."

"Nngh..!" the girl muttered through clenched teeth as she moved a hand to clutch the back of her head.

'Ah, she awakes.' "And just who are you?" I asked her in flawless French, guessing she spoke the romantic language because we were in France.

"Uhm, one more time? In English?" She spoke the foreign language like it was native to her tongue, and I cocked my head, my large hat shifting slightly on my head.

"Eng...lish? I do not speak that language."

Melina's POV~

"Je ne parle pas cette langue," the voice said, and I barely was able to catch it and translate it in my head (which was killing me, thanks for asking!). 'She doesn't speak English?'

I opened my eyes and looked up, gapsing immediately upon the sight of the captain. He was in fact a she, and she had blond hair chopped off in one length at her chin save for a small braid bedecked with jewels in front of her left ear. Both ears had at least eight piercings going up and around; ear cuffs, studs, cartilage piercings... Her pirate hat had a small green plume, and her clothes were fairly stereotypical for a pirate captain: long blue coat, loose white shirt, dark shorts, thick and sturdy boots, and a strap crossing one shoulder to end at her waist.

Here's the crazy thing: I recognized her face. Here's the even crazier thing: It was Rayn! And the craziest thing of all? She was about 5'2" and looked about twelve years old.

"...Rayn?" I gasped, a hand flying to cover my mouth in surprise.

"Comment savez-vous mon nom?" (How do you know my name?) she asked, her voice turning with a slightly dangerous edge to it.

"U-Um..." 'How do I tell her when she doesn't speak English?' I thought frantically.

"Melina!" a young voice cried out to me, and I turned to see the three little chibi countries tied to the mast. It had been America who'd called to me. Italy was just quietly crying and Canada was looking around for Kumajirou frantically.

"America, it'll be okay," I said quickly, but he shook his head.

"No, I'm scared. No one speaks any English! And I can't understand any other languages!"

I held out a hand for him to calm down. "I know, I know. Let me see what I can do." I turned to Rayn and opened my mouth to say something, but then realized it was useless and closed it.

Captain Rayn sighed and turned to a very buff man who dwarfed her by comparison. "Избавиться от нее." (Get rid of her)

"What?" I yelped, not even realizing she was speaking another language. It sounded like English to me! "Нет, вы не можете!" (No, you can't!)

She turned to me. "Вы можете говорить на русском?" (You can speak Russian?)

"Да, видимо! Вы не можете избавиться от меня, я сторож из этих стран!" I exclaimed, standing and rushing over to their side. (Yes, apparently! You can't get rid of me, I am the caretaker of these countries!)