36. A turn

Elizabeth’s POV

Niall parked his car and turned off the engine before climbing out. I opened my door and climbed out before closing the door behind me. Niall walked over to my side and walked past me without saying a word.

I bit my lip and played with the sleeves of Niall’s hoodie, that he handed to me when he picked me up.  I’m thankful because the November breeze that was blowing through would have me freezing to death.

“Hey, I said I was sorry.” I spoke up in a quiet voice.

“And I said it was okay.” He replied dryly not turning to look at me and continued on walking with me a few steps behind him.

“Then why are you acting so mad?” I asked and he suddenly stopped and turned around to face me.

“Do you really have to ask?” He spat raising his arm in the air. “You just had me pick you up from a date with Aaron.” He said placing his arm down.

I licked my lips. I have never seen Niall angry, let alone angry at me.

“Look, Niall. I’m sorry but it’s not like this was planned and-“

“Our study date was planned, Elizabeth.” Niall interrupted scowling down at me.

“I know.” I nodded shyly . “But then you saw what happened at lunch and –“

“Elizabeth I thought you were better than this!” He interjected causing me to jump.

“Niall I get it your upset about me missing our study date but like I said it wasn’t planned and-“

“It just happened.” He said starring down at me with cold blue eyes. “Come on, Elizabeth. Don’t you see what he is doing to you?”

I knit my eyebrows together. “Niall, I don’t understand you were the one who introduced us. How can you not like him now?”

“I don’t like him Elizabeth. I hate him.” He admitted.

“Why?”

“I’m the only one who has been here for you!” He yelled out in exasperation placing his hand on his chest. I stare back at him in shock. “I mean can’t you see what’s going on? You’re not even yourself anymore!”

“Niall I-“

“You’ve changed, Elizabeth.” He continued gesturing his hand towards me. “You have changed your hair, your clothes and you have lost a lot of weight!”

“Niall, why should that stuff matter?” I ask in disbelief.

“Because I love you!” I blink at him and I felt my heart sink into my stomach. “And you deserve someone who love you with every beat of his heart not make you drunk or high. But it’s clear that you don’t feel the same because I’m always going to be the guy that you always run to when you need a shoulder to cry on.” He pauses and swallow taking in a deep breath. “But I am never going to be the guy that you run to for when you want to be loved.”

I looked down at my feet feeling tears starting to from in my eyes. I look back up at Niall, hurt clearly displayed on his face.

“Niall it’s just that-“

“No, there’s to say, Elizabeth, I understand.” He nods biting on his lower lip. “After all it is your choice for who you want to be with.” He whispers and looks into my eyes. “But don’t expect me to be here when it come crashing down because I am done with whatever this is” He says gesturing between the two of us before turning on his heel and walk away.

Harry’s POV

I lean away from the corner of the building and clench my jaw. So that’s why Niall was so upset with me hurting Elizabeth. He loves her! How can he love her? She is mine. I shake my head and make my way back inside.

Author's Note

Hello my loves! How are you? 

What do you guys think of Niall's confession?
What do you guys think of Elizabeth?
Do you feel bad for Elizabeth or do you think she deserves it?

Leave your answers down below! :)