27. Forgiveness Struggle

Author's Note

Hello! :) Alright well i am so glad i finally get to post this chapter you guys have no idea how long i have been waiting fro this moment. While i was writing it i was getting a bit emotional, is that wierd? :P Opps.... i think i might be crazy! LOL

Anywhoooo!! Please play the song on the side i am pretty sure that you will be able to hear it. Later on i will try to post songs that go along with the chapter but please do not hate me if you are not allowed to hear it on the app. Please just listen to it later or open a different tab, i am trying my best to find videos that are allowed to be played on the am. So please don't kill me for it. Nevertheless, i will always post the names of the songs just so you can all go and listen to it later. 

This chapter's song is called...

All you had to do was stay- By Taylor SwIft. (The video link is a cover because i couldn't find the original but it's still the same song )

Elizabeth’s POV

“He’s back!” I yelled, shocked, standing in front of Eleanor who was sitting on the bleachers on the side of the gym. The rest of the students were running laps around the gym or fighting against each other holding various weapons and cross bows. I quickly tied my hair up in a ponytail fixing my bangs with my fingers that ran straight across my forehead. 

“Yea, he got back last night when you were out with Aaron.” She nodded her elbows resting on her knees giving me a nod. “Dominic finally set him free.”

“I don’t want to see him.” I scowled.

Eleanor sighed. “I know that’s what you are saying now because you have something going on with Aaron. But let’s be honest, if there was ever a chance that you would get to see Harry again you would not be saying no.” She said standing up. “Admit, Ellie. You missed him.”

“I never said I didn’t.” I said under my breath looking down at the floor. “But I still don’t want to see him.”

“Well too bad because he is coming right over.” Eleanor said and quickly walked away. I let out a breath in frustration and turned around. Harry was walking over to me with a small smile on his face, he was wearing his classic white t-shirt and black shorts and running shoes.

“Okay. I’ll start” Harry spoke up after a few minutes of standing, starring at each other. “I know that it has been a long time but, please understand that I did not have a choice. Just say something to me because imagining this exact moment is the only thing that has gotten me through the last year.”

I blinked at him. “I’m not sure what to say.”

“It’s super easy just say that you missed me as much as I missed you.” He said reaching over and held both of my hands in his. I took in a sharp breath feeling his touch against my skin…it’s been too long. I blink fighting back the tears that are starting to from. I sighed and moved my hands from his and he frowned at me.

‘It’s not that Harry. I missed you. You have no idea how crazy it’s been.” I mumbled. “But I have moved on.” I swallow. I knew I was saying it to him but to be honest I was mostly convincing myself.

“Look, I know I walked out on you…twice.” He mumbled a small wave of pain evident in his green eyes. “I just want you to know the truth, I only walked away so I wouldn’t put you in harms way. Plus, I was afraid when you came over to my house. I didn’t think I had the right to ask for your forgiveness right then and there. “ He paused his eyebrows creased. “Maybe it’s too much to hope that you could-“

“F-forgive you?” I stuttered, interrupting. “I forgive you.” I nodded with a shrug. “I mean if you’re going to be here now, we can’t really stay mad at each other forever right?” Harry stared at me lost, tilting his head to the side.

“Ellie, I just  thought -“

“That I’d be waiting for you to come back?” I asked, interrupting him again.

“No, I didn’t expect anything.” He sighed shaking his head. “I just… I just want you to know the truth. I also know that you moved on and that guy” he said gesturing his hand towards the door as if Aaron was in the room.

I scoffed. “Okay.” I said looking away from him starting to feel my blood boil. “I can protect myself. “I said looking back at him with a scowl. “If you haven’t’ notice I have been protecting myself all of this time. “ I looked at him for a couple of seconds more before walking past him.

“I know” Harry replied making me stop in my tracks, not turning around to face him. “However, Elizabeth, I have seen who Aaron is and his groups of friends…these guys…. If you haven’t notice they are-” I turned around and gave him a hard cold glare making him stop mid-sentence.

“I just don’t want you to get hurt.” He admitted. I shook my head.

“You don’t get to say that to me. After all you were the one that has caused me the most pain. Besides, I don’t need your help; you’re not my boyfriend. ” I said turning around.

“Listen to me!” Harry whined grabbing my arm turning me around. “Seriously, if anything goes wrong; call me.” He said releasing my arm, my heart tug at his overprotectiveness.

“Call, text… scream, yell, whatever.” Harry added. “I’ll hear you and I’ll find you as fast as I can.” He promised, his green eyes locking into mine.  I took in a large breathe hearing the school bell ring as I starred won at the floor.

“I have to go” I said not bothering to look back up at him. I turned on my heel and headed out the door. I felt tears coming to my eyes and I quickly picked up my pace walking out of the gym.

Eleanor’s POV

“I have to go” I heard Elizabeth reply to Harry. I casually looked over standing by the water fountain seeing her rush her way out the door. I glanced over at Harry who let out a frustrated groan throwing his head back his hands pressed on his temples tugging at his curls.

I shook my head. “What are we going to do Louis?” I asked turning to face him as he stood a couple of inches in front of me.  He shrugged walking close taking my hands. “I mean, now that Harry is here, they will see each other all the time and as much as Elizabeth tries to hide it she is hurting.”

“We will figure something out” He reassured me wrapping his arms tightly around me as I laid my head on his shoulder.