10. Courage

Author's Note

HELLO MY LOVES! i am going to call you guys that from now on! :) 

I do hope that all of you are enjoying my story. Thank you so much for what you all have done for me! Please help me share my story because i enjoy reading your opinions they make me feel s happy and make me feel like my writing is actually worth reading. Plus, your comments always give me insipration ;)

Honestly, i do not know how long my story will be or how many chapters it will have because i am just going with what feels righ to me. However, i am trying my best to make them a bit longer even though sometimes i do have some difficulty. Nevertheless, this does not mean that just becasue my chapters are short doesn't mean that the excitment and unexpected surprises will stop happening. 

Now please read along and enjoy the next chapeter and play the song on the side please! LOVE YOU!!! XOXOX

Niall’s POV

“Hey, Niall!” I heard someone call out my name as I walked down the hall. I turned around spotting Elizabeth and Eleanor making their way towards me and Aaron.

“Hey girls” I smiled as they stood in front of me with smile on their faces.

“Niall, I am so sorry but I have to skip our training session today.“ Elizabeth looked down, nervously. “Mr. Hawkins asked me to see him after school.” she added biting on her lip. I smiled at her.

“It’s alright, Ellie. School comes first besides we can do it later; I actually have lots of homework to do anyways”

Elizabeth smiled. “Alright, well guys I have to get going.” I nodded at her and she turned and smiled at Aaron before grabbing Eleanor’s arm walking down the hall.

“So, since when have you had a thing for her?” Aaron asked turning my full attention onto him.

“What?” I asked raising my eyebrow at him.

“Come on, Niall. It’s obvious that you like her.” He shrugged and started walking with me by his side.

“Nah, man. I’m just trying to help her out.” I shook my head with a shrug looking down at my feet. “Besides, we are the only ones she has left.” I added and looked up at Aaron.

Aaron gave me a sympathetic smile. “I understand mate.”

Elizabeth’s POV

Eleanor decided to walk me back to Mr. Hawkins’ class so I wouldn’t walk alone. As we walked I was digging through my bag for my notebook and pen.

“Elizabeth!” Eleanor said nudging my arm.

“What?” I asked in a panic tone.

“I’m talking to you and your not listening.” She smiled tilting her head to the side.

“I’m sorry Eleanor. I wasn’t paying attention. “ I said pulling out my notebook and pen out of my bag. “What did you say?”

“What I was saying was, did you notice Aaron looking at you the whole time that you were talking with Niall.”

“Okay?” I trailed out, giving her a confused look.

“Hello, he obviously likes you” I rolled my eyes.

“Eleanor, please don’t do this. I mean yes, I know I should move on but” I paused and sighed. “I have other things to worry about other than boys” I said stopping in front of my English class.

“I get it.” She smiled. “Anyways, I’ll see you later girl” she said giving me a hug then walked away.

I tabbed the tip of my pen against my wooden desk, my head propped up on my elbow starring at my white blank page. I started to distract myself by making a beat out of the taps I was making with the pen.

“Try using that pen to write with.” Mr. Hawkins spoke up in a soft tone. I looked up at Mr. Hawkins at his desk who was grading the various piles of papers on his desk.

I sighed leaning back on my seat. “I don’t think it’s going to happen, Mr. Hawkins.” I paused and shrugged. “I’m just not a writer.”

“You and I both know that is not true.” He replied scribbling on a paper with his red pen.  “You parents used to always say that as long as they gave you a journal and something to write with you were the happiest child on the Earth.”

“Yes, the key word is used to.” I grumbled. Mr. Hawkins looked up at me setting his pen down on his desk and took off his glasses with his other hand. He slid his chair back and stood up walking around his desk and leaned against it to face me.

“In my opinion, I still believe that is not true; even if you think it is. Writers always have a phase were they stop writing completely then as soon as they find inspiration they begin to write again” Mr. Hawkins said placing his hands on the edge of his desk putting his weight on his arms. I looked up at him but didn’t say anything and crossed my arms over my chest.

“I believe that writing is a form of a hostile act, a way of imposing your will out into the world. “ He added gesturing with one of his hands. “Also, I don’t mean to point fingers but one person in this room seem a little hostile…to me anyways” I grinned looking briefly down at my desk.

“Elizabeth, writing takes courage. “ He smiled at me, his eyes crinkling at the edges. “And you don’t strike me as a girl who is afraid of much.”  I looked down at my desk trying to process his words.

“Come on, one line!” Mr. Hawkins said and I looked up at him. “What’s one thing that has been rattling around in your head forever? One thing that you feel guilty or ashamed about.” He said leaning away from his desk. I sighed uncrossing my arms.

“Get it out. Get it down on paper” Mr. Hawkins yelled in encouragement. I hesitantly picked up my pen looking down at my notebook. “Write it down and see what happens.”

I pursed my lips together, gripping tightly on my black pen. I looked up at Mr. Hawkins and he was looking down at me waiting to see what I would do. I gave him a nod and took in a deep breath before I let the tip of my pen hit the white blank page filling it up with my darkest fears and regrets.