4. A Slightly Broken Promise

Author's Note

Hey guys! Here is another chapter. I hope that I am not boring you with my story so far.

Anyways, I love all of you so much. Please do not forget to comment, vote, and share! Xoxoxoxoxoxo

Elizabeth’s POV

I walked into my dorm for the first time and the design reflected the same aspect as the entire school; still wooden floor boards and dark wooden bookshelves. My dorm was different than everyone else because it was located in the principal department were only my family was allowed to stay.

My dorm had a four post large bed with black beside tables on either side of it. The room was quite spacious and there were two black doors on the opposite side of the bed. One of the doors led to a walk in closet the other led to a bathroom.

Normally, a girl would find the walk in closet the most amazing thing in the dorm room; I other the other hand found the bathroom to be quite beautiful and intriguing. On the right side wall were two matching silver sinks surrounded by black marble. There was one large mirror that covered the width of the counter with lights surrounding its edges. On the opposite side was the toilet and a bathtub that matched the black marble with a ledge on the side covered in small round red candles and various shampoo bottles. Moving along, there was a shower with a glass door with two shower heads on opposite sides of each other. However, on the wall directly in front of the glass screen door was a remote pad that controlled the various sprinkles that were installed into the wall.

I smiled, knowing that all of this design was my mother’s doing; she was always fond of being detailed oriented. I walked out of the bathroom and picked up my suitcases from the floor beside the door and placed them on the bed. I unzipped my bags and started to unpack placing the folded clothes in various piles on the bed so it would be easier to organize in the closet. I scowled when I didn’t find what I was looking for.

“Where are they?” I asked digging through my piles of clothes again. There was a knock at the door and I turned my head seeing Eleanor walk in with a cardboard box.

“Eleanor, where is it?” I asked.

Eleanor frowned at me. “What are you talking about?” she asked placing the cardboard box on my bed.

“Harry’s clothes, what else would I be talking about!” I snapped at her. Honestly, it wasn’t my intention to snap at her it just came out that way. I sighed, when I saw her face fall.

I bit on my lower lip and closed my eyes. “I’m so sorry, Eleanor.”

“It’s okay” She said giving me a small smile.

“You promise me you would at least pack a few of his things.” I said looking at my clothes on my bed, my voice much softer than it was before.  

“I know I did, but how are you going to move on if you are constantly having his things around you?” Eleanor said tilting her head to the side. I looked down and stayed quiet.

“However” she said smiling at me placing a hand on the cardboard box. “I knew that it would be very cruel of me to cut you off cold turkey, so I did pack a few things in this box.”

“Really?” I asked, not sure if I heard her correctly. She nodded at me and I quickly wrapped my arms around her.

“Thank you” I whispered to her, my eyes closed as she hugged me back.

“You’re welcome” She replied and pulled away from me. I opened the box and inside was various frames with our pictures inside. There was also one of his black shirts and navy blue sweater. I dug dipper into the box and smiled when I saw a stuffed husky, gently taking it out of the box.

“You brought, Balto?” I said tilting my head at her and Eleanor smiled at me.

Harry gave me this on my birthday after we headed back home; ever since that day we both share it as if it was our dog. Harry said that the reason why he bought a stuffed animal instead of the real thing was because he wanted us to have our own place before we took in a dog.

“Thank you” I said hugging Balto to my chest. Eleanor gave me a nod and turned heading to the door, I smiled looking down at Balto.

“I understand that this is hard for you.” Eleanor said and I looked up at her as soon as she spoke. She stood in the doorway holding on to the silver doorknob.

“You know, with having to leave town and move on but I think it might be a good change for you. Look at this as a change for the better.” She said and walked out.

“A change” I scoffed. “I’ll show you a change” I mumbled a smile slowly creeping upon my face.