13. Care or Don't Care

Author's Note

Hello my loves! Fair warning this chapter was a bit intense for me! Either way i hope you like it regardless of the situation. Please do not forget to comment, vote and share because your opinions do matter!

PLEASE PLAY SONG ON THE SIDE!! 

Elizabeth’s POV

“What are you doing here?” Harry asked me once he had opened the door looking down at me with wide eyes, dressed in black form head to toe with tousled hair. I walked past him stepping into the living room looking around the house.

“No, I’m going to be the one that is going to be asking the questions. Not you” I snapped at him crossing my arms over my chest.

“What do you want Elizabeth?” Harry questioned closing the door glancing up at me with dark eyes, still containing their green color.

“Didn’t you hear what I just said?” I scowled at him. “I’m the one that’s going to be asking the questions” Harry smirked at me.

“I just asked you what you wanted.” He replied, slowly pronouncing each word in annoyance. “So what do you want?” He shrugged.

“Since, when have you been back?”  I asked, ignoring his attitude.

“About a month” He responded quickly in a deep raspy voice eyeing me up and down. “Is that your sweatshirt?” He asked knitting his eyebrows together. I subconsciously reached for the ends of the sleeves pulling them further down my wrists, trying to brush the feeling  of guilt off my shoulders. Great, he has been gone for months and all he cares about is a damn sweatshirt!

“No, why do you care anyways? “ I paused, swallowing to regain some confidence back in my voice. “And stop changing the subject”

“No, you’re right I don’t care.” He shrugged and walked past me into the kitchen. “You can do what you want and be with who you want.” I huffed out a breath from my mouth rolling my eyes, quickly turning around to  follow  him.

“Well, you obviously do because you asked.” I pointed out smirking at him leaning against the wall.

“It was a mistake to ask, Elizabeth. “ Harry responded dryly, opening a cabinet door taking out a glass filling it up with water. “So just tell me why you are here so I can at least pretend to care for at least a few minutes before I kick you out.” He said taking a sip of water. I felt a sudden sting in my heart at his words but I’m not going to show it at least not now. Right now, I need answers to all of the questions that are floating around in my head.

“Why?” I sighed shaking my head at him. “Why don’t you care?” I said leaning away from the wall uncrossing my arms taking a few steps into the kitchen.  Harry set his glass down on the counter and looking down onto the floor.

“You were the one who always cared. It’s what I liked about you.” I stated as he looked up at me. Harry’s eyes looked cold and guarded; as if there were shields to block away any form of human emotion.

“Cared, as in past tense, Elizabeth” He replied in an annoyed tone. “Don’t you think that if I cared I would have called you as soon as I came back into town?”  He asked raising an eyebrow at me, shaking his head showing his emphasis. “ I didn’t call you, so there is your answer.”

I shook my head. “I don’t believe you.”  I said looking straight into his eyes, my mouth pressing into a hard line. Harry’s eyes scanned my face but said nothing, I could tell that he was fighting back a smile from the way the corner of his lips curled up. I knew he was making fun of e for standing up to him but I don’t care.