34. Game on

Author's Note

Hello my beautiful readers! I really don't have much to say other than to comment, vote and enjoy!!

Song: Amnesia- 5SOS

Harry’s POV

I ran my hand through my hair, watching her quickly walk away from me, feeling exasperated. How could I let this get this bad? Ugh! She is so infuriating. I swear she is the most stubborn person that I have ever met.  I sigh and sit on the dark wooden bench where Elizabeth was sitting on earlier.

I know I messed up, I understand that but this is not fair. She should at least hear me out. Sometimes I wish none of this ever happened, it hurts too much knowing that I caused her pain, knowing that I was the one that drove her to that freaking prick. I clench and unclench my fists and place them under my chin.

“What am I supposed to do? “ I whisper to myself as I lean back into the wall closing my eyes. She said she wanted to be friends after all, so why should I worry? She has made up her mind.

I shook my head. Stop kidding yourself, Harry. You can’t just simply let her go.

“Oh, there you are mate.” I glance up seeing Liam walk towards me and sat down next to me.

‘So, what happened?” He asked.

“Well, Aaron is a total prick and-“

“I know, I  could hear him to remember?” He said letting out a small chuckled and I scowl at him. “Right, sorry. I shouldn’t be laughing about this.” He paused. “So what did Elizabeth say?”

“Well, she is very pissed off at me.” I answer and place my elbows on my knees playing with my hands.

“I kind of figured”

I rolled my eyes and ignored him. “She said that ever since I left she hasn’t wanted anything more than for me to come back to her because she loves me but she says that right not the thing that she wants the most is for me to leave her alone.”

I lick my lips and shrug. “I don’t know. Maybe it is for the best and-“ I stopped feeling  a hard thumb on the back of my head.

“Ow! What the hell was that for?” I complain rubbing the back of my head scowling at him.

“Did you not just hear what you just told me?” He asked. “Hello, she still loves you!”

“Liam, clearly you have not seen what is going on. I think you need to get your eyes checked because-“

“I think you need to get your eyes check along with your ears!” Liam said interrupting me. “She clearly told you ….” He said pointing a finger at me. “And I quote ‘ Ever since that day you left I have never wanted anything more other than for you to come back because I love you.”

I roll my eyes. “Congratulations, Liam, you found a loophole!” I say sarcastically with a smile. “But clearly you did not hear the rest, she does not want me around her anymore. She wants me to leave her alone!” I emphasize so he could get the damn point.

“Harry, I have been told that men are the most clueless species on the planet, or at least that’s what Sophia has said to me a few times….” He trailed. “But, you are by far the most clueless one. Do you not see what is happening?”

I blink at him and shake my head.

“You have said it yourself that if you hadn’t left she wouldn’t be with Aaron right?” He asks and I nod my head slowly trying to figure out where he is going with this. “Elizabeth, doesn’t really like Aaron, Harry. She is only with him to fill in that empty void. I mean for God’s sake, she has become a different person!” He yells, exasperated. “I mean, she still hasn’t even let her parent’s death sink in yet.” He added in a much calmer voice looking down at the floor.

“What do you mean?” I ask feeling anxious.

“Whenever we try to bring them up she quickly changes the subject. I mean it’s like she isn’t in tune with her feelings and emotions anymore. We have tried to get the girls to talk to her about it when they go out together but nothing works. She hasn’t even cried or mourn them... it’s like she’s in denial as if she has erased everything.”

I shake my head. “What should I do?”

“Well, what if we do something in order for her to realize that Aaron is bad. We need to find a way to spark her feelings back for you, like how you are with your jealousy.” My eyes widened.

“Liam, that’s it!” I smile. Liam stares blankly at me. “Jealousy, we need to make her jealous.” I say standing up and face him. “Jealousy is an emotion that is tied to caring about someone.”

“So, what you’re saying is if we find a way to make her jealous about you it will draw her emotions out?” Liam asked sounding a bit confused.

“Yes!” I grin happily.

“Wait, what about Aaron?” Liam asked standing up. “How are we going to get him out of the picture?”

 ‘Oh, I’m pretty sure everything is going to fall into place.” I murmur, smiling looking at the floor. “I have a plan."