Ellie & Dina (The Last of Us II)

Spoilers for the The Last of Us II kind of.

A/N: what happened after Abby and Lev left the theater

Ellie laid on the cold cement of the theater floor, confused and in pain. Her vision was blurred. She couldn't really see out of her eyes. The broken nose causing her eyes to swollen up. She used her good arm to sit herself up, pain shooting through out her body. She couldn't believe that Abby let them...live. Showed mercy to them when, she herself didn't show mercy to Abby's friends. She coughed up some blood spitting out blood, as her eyes focused the best they could. Her eyes focused on the the motionless body not far from her.

"Dina?" When she got no response her heart stopped. She crawled towards the brown eyed girl her eyes falling on the arrow pierced into her shoulder. "Dina? Babe can you hear me." When she turned the girl around she let out a sob. The girls face was covered in blood. She put the girls head on her lap and took off her back pack. Her broken arm sending screeching pain through out her body. Ignoring the pain as best as she can. She carefully cleaned up the cuts on Dina's face, wiping her own blood with her shirt. She needed to help Dina first. Then she moved to the arrow. Which was hard only being able to do it with one hand. But for Dina. She made it work. Being able to stitch up Dina's wounds.

She didn't know how long she sat there with Dina's head on her lap. She snapped her own broken nose back into place, with much struggle but she made it happen. Arm was clutched to her chest, still broken, she was in so much pain now that the adrenaline was gone. Her arm hurt, ribs, face in pain. When she heard some commotion coming from the down the hall. She straightened up. Thinking that Abby changed her mind and came back to finish the job. She looked towards her backpack and reached for it. Picking up the gun that only had a few bullets left. Or probably none. She's hoped there was.

"Ellie? Dina? You guys alright." Her shoulders viably relaxed as her gun fell to her side. She thought he was dead. She saw him get shot in the head.

"Tommy? We're in here." Her voice cracked, sounding very horse from almost being strangled to death.

"Where's that bitch."

"She's gone Tommy." Ellie didn't even bother moving. Although her wounds and arm needed to be cleaned and re-set. All she wanted was to go home and rest. This was just...taking a toll. She needed to get Dina back to Jackson.

"Which way. We need to go-Tommy. Look at yourself. You can barely walk. We can't go after her. Not like this. Dina needs help. She's sick-No we need to finish. She doesn't get to get away." He limped towards Ellie she saw how his his leg no longer had an arrow in it and the side of his head a bloody bandage covering it.

"Tom-No Ellie we had her. All you had to do was kill her and you let her get away." Ellie looked back down at Dina who was just staring to wake up, moaning in pain. She opened her brown eyes and let out a broken gasp.

"Ellie." She reached up and cupped Ellie's bloody cheek. She whined in pain as she sat up her bad shoulder/arm up in a terrible one hand made sling. She looked back at Ellie and nearly cried at how bruised and beaten she was.

"You should lay down. You need re-Ellie!" Ellie clenched her jaw. "Shut up Tommy! We aren't going after her. She's long gone." Dina focused on the two realizing that before she woke, they were and still are having a heated discussion. She sat up noticing the arm Ellie clutched to her chest, noting the weird angle it was in, the nose that was bleeding. She needed to help Ellie especially since she didn't care enough to help herself. She cared more about helping Dina.

"Tommy if you're not going to help get the fuck out." Dina snapped at the older man. She reached for own back pack aware that Ellie used all her medical supplies on her.

"Can you stand?" Ellie nodded and they both slowly made there way back to the dressing room. She carefully sat Ellie on the chair and went for her own backpack. With out Tommy she knew that resetting Ellie's arm was going to be hard.

"I can reset the arm but it's going to hurt." Ellie only nodded.

The pain was just what it was..pain. But she couldn't get what Tommy said out of her mind. Was it her fault? Did Abby get away because she let her? Of course not. Abby was just stronger than her.

"Hey. Look at me. It's not your fault. Fuck what Tommy says."

"Come on. We need to head back to Jackson. Where's Jesse?" Ellie looked down tears threatening to come out.

"I'm sorry Dina."

"He didn't even know-He did. He was worried about you and I kinda told him." Dina cried as Ellie held her. She was crying as well. For the friend they lost. For the father that will never meet his kid. For the kid that will grow up without a father.

***

✌🏽