Katie McGrath (Lena Luthor)

A/N: Part two of you being her test subject

Lena looked down at you as you slept. It's been five days since she injected you with harun-el. You have been improving so well and she couldn't be more proud. But worried at the same time. She didn't know what the side affects were.

She drew blood as you slept. She knew how bad your health was. Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Asthma that was getting worse. You'd think a twenty one year would be nice healthy. But not Y/N Y/LN. No at the age of twenty one she was going to college with a heart problem, working a half time job to pay off medication and other life necessities. Lena read from Y/N's file that the girl's father only made a little and lived in small apartment room. If it wasn't for the scholarship that was offered to you, you wouldn't even be in college.

"Hey doc, morning."

Lena look away from the blood samples. She offered a small smile when she saw your big smile. Even before the first harun-el inject you were happy person. Lena couldn't help but see a little bit of Kara Danvers in you. Even with everything against you. You were still a hopeful person.

"How do you know it's morning?"

"Well uh I don't know. It feels like a morning. It's also pretty bright in here."

"How about you, work on your homework. It's due tomorrow. Got to work hard if you want to become a zoologist. Don't you?" She handed you a book and a pencil with a raised eyebrow. You sighed and took them.

As you worked on your paper, Lena worked on the blood work. She sat next to the counter looking back at you to see that you were to busy on your paper to see her staring at you.

She smiled seeing you push up your glasses.

She hoped. She hoped that the harun-el worked. She hoped that the harun-el wouldn't kill you like it killed Adam. But thing that made her realize that it was different for you. As weird as it sounds the weaker your heart was the better the harun-el works. Yes the harun-el made the hcm go away and her lungs be more than just healthy. Lena wanted to make sure that it stayed that way.

She looked down at the blood cells seeing that the serum was making her blood cells stronger. She would try everything she can to make sure that the young girl in front of her lives.

"Dr.K did you know that a lion is know as the 'king of the jungle' but they don't even look live in the jungle they live only in grasslands and plains."

Lena put her pen down turning around to see the innocent look on you had on your face. You smiled brightly at the older woman.

"No I didn't know that." Yes she did.

"Can I tell you another animal fact or do you need to work in the quiet cause I can be quiet. You probably do need to work in the quiet huh? One time when I went to a doctors appointment that was for my heart, I was so nervous I started to tell the doctor random animal facts and he got mad and told me to shut up. You don't have to worry, I'll be quiet." You felt yourself retreat into your shelf at the lack of answer.

Lena saw how you shyly retreated to your small circle. Her jaw clenched at what you told her. She was going to find out who was your doctor.

"It's fine Y/N. Tell me facts about any animal." You felt yourself smile at the older woman.

"Did you know two thousand years ago there were about over a million lions throughout regions that covered Europe, Syria, Israel, Iraq, Pakistan, Iran and India. But now only as few as 32,000 roam earth. That's really sad when you think about most of the lion species are gone." "Oh did you know that a shrimps heart is located in its head. That's cool right?" "Did you know that snails can sleep for three whole years. That's so awesome." "Also did you that a female lion does most of the hunting." "Did you know that if you keep a gold fish in a-in a-"