Adora x Reader x Catra Part 4

"Adora!" Catra yelled before jumping through fire and pulling Adora out. That seemed to snap you out of the memories you were having. You ran towards the front of the group to make sure they were okay. "You like me don't you." Adora says with a little smirk on her face. Catra rolls her eyes and stands up but not before mushing Adoras face. You laugh a little before walking up to the fire. "I think it's fake, look it's not even hot." You say putting a hand up to the fire before slowly going to touch it. When suddenly Catra grabs you by the waist and pulls you back. "But what if it's real fire, let someone else test it." You blush feeling Catras arms around your waist. But then you decided it's also a good time to tease her and copy what Adora said. "You like me don't you." Catra again rolls her eyes, she releases you and pushes you away from her. "Whatever." "Cmon guys the fires just an illusion let's go." Bow says before walking through the fire with Glimmer.

*small time skip*

Y/n "huh?" You say looking around. Everybody else keeps walking like they didn't hear anything. You just shake it off and keep walking, blaming it on nerves. However, the voice seems to be getting louder the closer you get to the fail safe. "This is it. This is my destiny." Adora said before slowly walking up to what seems to be a sword with a red lightning blade and a grey steel hilt. "That's the key?" You ask. "Yeah... wait Adora stop!" Catra yells before pulling Adora away. She turns to look at Shadow Weaver accusingly. "If this sword/fail safe has been here the whole time and you knew, why didn't you take it for yourself?" Catra questions Shadow Weaver. "Catra makes a good point, who knows what you could do with a fail safe to unlock all the magic in Etheria. So why didn't you take it?"  You say, coming up to stand next to Catra, both of you seemingly shielding Adora from her.

Shadow Weaver sighs slightly. "Who ever takes and uses the failsafe would be consumed by the magic and more than likely die. I figured since Adora is the princess of power, she would have the best chance of survival after using it." (I can't remember exactly what Shadow Weaver said but it's along the lines of you use it you die. 🤷‍♀️) Catra and I look at each other in shock, "What!?" Basically everyone says. You turn around to Adora, "You can't do this. Make someone else do it, hell make Shadow Weaver do it." Adora just shakes her head, "It has to be me, this is my destiny. It's all led up to this." She says as she slowly pulls her hand from yours. You hadn't even notice you were holding her hand. "Adora you can't keep playing hero let someone else do it for once in your life!" Catra yells almost desperately. Adora just keeps shaking her head and pulling away. "Ador..."  Glimmer got cut off by her dad busting down the door. "There's no more time get that sword Adora!" Shadow Weaver yells before getting into a fighting stance against Micah, everyone else following suit. Y/N you grab your head feeling it pound with the rhythm of your heart beat. "What the hell?" You mumble before seeing everyone starting to get trapped by Micahs dark magic. You run towards Adora who is trying to get the sword to work. "Cmon cmon cmon!" Adora keeps saying in a hurried tone as she watches all her friends start to get stuck.

Y/N Y/N Y/N you keep hearing over and over in your head, the noise getting louder the closer you get to the sword. "Adora what's going on? Why isn't it working?" You ask her getting scared. "I don't know, it was supposed to work!" Adora responds her eyes getting watery and her attempts getting more desperate. The dark magic is approaching you both slowly, almost tauntingly. "Adora, breath, you got this, you just gotta concentr..." As you were speaking, your hand aimed towards Adoras shoulder. The pounding in your head becomes stronger then ever, causing you to fall over. y/n Y/n Y/N "y/n!" Adora yells as she catches you, she's now in a kneeling position. "What happened? Are you ok?" "Y/n?" You hear Catra yell as Adora asks you questions. "My head" you mumble holding it tightly, in pain. "I don't understand. Please speak up." Adora says desperate, glancing between you and the dark magic that keeps getting closer. "Adora I have an idea. I need you to hold of Micah and not be mad at me by the end of all this." Adora looks down at you with a questioning expression. "It's obvious the sword doesn't work for you, so let me try. It feels like it's been calling to me this whole time. When ever I get close to it, the pounding in my head gets more intense. And I swear it's literally calling my name. Please just trust me." Adora looks down at you one more time before helping you to your feet. "Please just be careful. For the honor of Greyskull!" She yells as she runs towards Micah. You take a second to stare at the sword, that could help save the universe, that would most likely cause your death. You knew you had some time before you actually had to use the sword but just looking at it, realizing that this is it. Makes you wish you had done something's sooner, told people things you wanted to tell them. Loved people you wanted to love. You shook those thoughts from your head, it's too late for that now. This is all that matters, everyone can live without you, they can live without you. You could see the feelings they had for each other for years. And you hoped maybe you were in that equation as well. But again it didn't matter now, you knew that they would be okay, even with you gone, as long as they had each other. And with that thought in mind you grabbed the sword.

(BOOM one more chapter left, well maybe 2 cause I feel like giving y'all a happy and sad ending 😁)

Btw this is what the sword looks like: