Lin x reader

(I have never written a fic based on a song so please bear with me

(I have never written a fic based on a song so please bear with me.)

(Pre-LOK)

(Implied smut)

Who's that knocking at four in the morning (Four in the morning)
'Cause it don't rain, but tonight it's pouring (Tonight it's pouring)
Uh, you like it more when I ignore it (You like it, yeah)

The pounding on your door was way to consistent for it to be the rain like you had originally thought. It had been clear skies all day until around 5 when a random storm hit and caused an almost total lockdown in your neighborhood and the surrounding ones. Who is banging on my damn door? You thought as you stood up from your bed and slipped on your slippers. You let out a groan as you walk into the kitchen and notice the clock. 4am! Whoever was at your door better be dying or have some really important news. You peeked out one of the windows in your kitchen and saw the outline of a woman at your door. You knew almost immediately who it was. You didn't have many friends, especially female friends, and you knew only one person who would willingly follow you to the Fire Nation.

Considering the rain, you would have opened the door right away but you were pissed. Lin had broken your heart and you weren't about to let her in immediately. You turn on the light in the front room before running back to the kitchen window. You wanted her to know that you knew that she was there. You watched for a few minutes before you finally opened the door and allowed her in. It was silent between the two of you as she took off her coat and shoes at the door. You silently walked to the couch in your front room and sat, waiting, watching, wanting to see what she would do next.

And since I left, LA got boring (Since I've been gone, yeah)
Hey, I'm back on my bullshit
You're a Libra, I'm a Taurus
Heard you hooked back up with your ex
And now you're asleep on my doorstep
You're way too hot to be acting like that
Acting like that, acting like that
You're way too hot to be acting like that
Acting like that, acting like that
I don't wanna talk right now
You're asleep outside my house
You're way too hot to be acting like that
Acting like that, acting like that

Lin, for the first time in her life, was a woman of many words. She poured her heart as she kneeled in front of you. She explained everything, barely taking a pause to breath. She told you how she messed up when she slept with Kya... again. The two of you had been in the dating phase of your relationship, so close to being girlfriends, when Lin slept with Kya. You wish you could lie and say it was the first time it had happened but it wasn't. Kya had been a big reason why you and Lin never got past the dating phase. "I... I came yesterday too, but you never answered... Where were you because I accidently fell asleep and you still never exited or entered your house." Lin confessed and you blushed a little at the memory of the other night. While you were heartbroken about what happened about Lin, you didn't have the best coping mechanism and when two beautiful women threw themselves at you at the same time... Well, could you really blame yourself? Lin took your silence as an answer and continued her rant.

You barely listened as she explained how much she missed you, how boring Republic City was without you. You would have forgiven her if the speech wasn't the same as it was last time, except with the added part about the City being boring without you. You knew what would happen the moment you let Lin into your house. It happens every time she apologizes, the only thing you didn't know was if it would be the last time.

I heard that today you gon' entertain
You don't ever stay, I think I'm okay
Never gonna change my mind
And I don't think today is the last time
You got bright eyes in the dark side
I can see that look in your eyes
I can see that look in your eyes, yeah
Now I can't sleep, I'm all alone
And what we reaped was what we sowed
So can we meet somewhere in the middle (Yeah)

You ignore Lin as she speaks, having flashbacks of all the times this had happened. Flashbacks of what made you leave Republic City for good. The first weeks of living in the Fire Nation were so... lonely. You didn't know anyone in the town, you didn't even have a job waiting for you until you talked to Zuko and Mai. Your move to the Fire Nation had definitely been a surprise. Not knowing anyone wasn't even the main reason you felt lonely. How do you go from sharing a bed with someone on an almost regular schedule to laying in a queen size bed alone? The heat and comfort from the other person missing.

You refocused on Lin some, enough to focus on her but not what she was saying. You knew this would be the last time you saw her. You knew she needed to apologize so she wouldn't feel guilty about it. You knew that once she said her piece and walked out the door, she would walk out of your life. You watch as the light casts a light shadow over her face and how it made her green eyes seemingly shine brighter. Maybe you could give in one more time.

Without saying anything, you grabbed Lin's face and pulled her in for a passionate kiss. Lin didn't know what to do for a second and tensed before finally returning the kiss with equal passion. Just this once, just this once... You repeated that over and over in your head as Lin picked you up and carried you towards your bedroom. You knew you shouldn't have given in, you knew you should have kicked Lin out or just never opened the door.

You're way too hot to be acting like that
Acting like that, acting like that
You're way too hot to be acting like that
Acting like that, acting like that
I don't wanna talk right now (Right now)
You're asleep outside my house (Asleep outside my house)
You're way too hot to be acting like that
Acting like that, acting like that
La-la, la-la, la-la
La-la-la
La-la, la-la, la-la
La-la-la
Ayy
Calling out my eye
I fell in love again
I know you'll regret me in the morning
But you're gone again

You rolled over the next morning, expecting to hit a body, only to find the bed empty. You closed your eyes and punched your pillow in frustration. Of course Lin was gone. You had told yourself she would be the night before. But some small, dumb but small, part of you had hoped she wouldn't be. You looked around the room to see that everything had been put back the way it was originally before your wild night. It's like it never even happened. You redress yourself and walk to your kitchen to make yourself a cup of coffee. You looked around a little and realized she didn't even attempt to leave a note or anything. That small part of you filled with hope completely went away. You were done, you thought you had been done once you moved but this time it was final.

Yeah
You're way too hot to be acting like that
Acting like that, acting like that
You're way too hot to be acting like that
Acting like that, acting like that
I don't wanna talk right now (I don't wanna talk right now)
You're asleep outside my house (You're asleep outside my house)
You're way too hot to be acting like that
Acting like that, acting like that
La-la, la-la, la-la
La-la-la
La-la, la-la, la-la
La-la-la

The next time Lin showed up on your doorstep, you didn't answer. You were way too hot to be acting like that over Lin, it was time to move on.