Chapter 3

I walked into a park to use as a short cut to my house from Shuhua's on campus dorm. The street lamps making me feel safer, but soon I felt eyes burning yet again into the back of my head. I started walking faster as I heard footsteps keep pace with mine, scaring me and making me fear for my life.

   I reached halfway through the park when I yelped as I hand touched my shoulder. I turned around and punched the stranger in the nose. He groaned and I soon recognized his muscular build and soft facial features, the man from the coffee shop.

   "You dropped this." He hissed and held his nose. He passed me a jewelled bracelet I had forgotten I had on, it was my great grandmothers lucky 24K gold bracelet. I looked to my left wrist and rolled my sleeve up. I saw my bracelet was in fact no longer on my wrist.

   I smiled apologetically and took the bracelet before putting it in a zipper pocket of my purse so I would risk loosing it again.

   "Sorry."

   "It's fine, probably just a bruise, but you got one hell of a punch." He chuckled and looked at his hand to see if blood rained from his nose just yet. No blood was visible.

   "Thanks I guess." I smiled.

   "You're the girl from the coffee shop last week aren't you." He said and I nodded slightly.

   "Will I get to know your name this time? You did punch me and all." He joked and I chuckled.

   "Y/N, Y/N Yokoyama." I smiled and he outreaches a hand.

   "Choi Jongho." He replied and I shook his hand.

   "I was actually hoping I'd run into you again." He blushed sightly and scratched the back of his neck while his other hand slipped into one of his back pockets.

   "Kinda hoped the same thing." I said softly as he looked from his feet to me.

   He smiled and I smiled back. He was kinda tall, maybe 5,9 but definitely not 5,8 and maybe MAYBE close to 5,10, while I was barely 5,3.

   "Can I walk you home? You're clearly jumpy." He chuckled and I smiled and nodded. I turned my back to him as he walked beside me.

   "I've just been really jumpy because I've been hearing a lot about the KQ mafia and am quite paranoid about being watched or followed." I chuckled embarrassingly.

   "You shouldn't worry about them." He said and I looked up at him.

   "Why?"

   "They don't hurt pretty girls." I chuckled and blushed at his flirting.

   "Thank you." I chuckled and he nodded.

   We walked in comfortable silence.

   "So, Y/N, why are you out so late?" He asked.

   "I was helping my friend out with her drunk brother and tried to get him to sleep, we must've lost track of time. She had picked me up so I didn't have a car let alone a bus card or change on me." I shrugged.

   "What about you, Jongho, why are you out so late?"

   "Kinda stressed with work and needed some fresh air and some calming scenery." He shrugged.

   "Oh well sorry about that." I spoke and he smiled to me.

   He walked up my porch steps and I turned to him as he turned to me.

   "Thanks for the walk home." I smiled and he nodded.

   "Anytime."

    "Oh and sorry about your nose again." I apologized seeing a bit of purple showing up already.

    "It's fine Y/N, it'll only be a bit of a bruise probably." He chuckled.

    "So since you bruised my nose..... does that mean I can have your number?"

    "I don't usually do that, but maybe this once." I smiled with a slight chuckle.

    "I'm honour-" A car stopped on the street in front of my house.

    "Jongho!" A man called and Jongho sighed and nodded to the man.

    "I'm sorry that's my friend, it must be about work, I have to go." He sighed

    I was disappointed we had just found each other and he had to leave. He began walking away but turned to me as I found my house key.

   "Hopefully we will meet again." He smiled and walked backwards to the car.

   "I'm praying on it." I joked and put my hands in a praying position as a joke.

   "You read my mind." He chuckled and I laughed with a slight blush on my cheeks.

   "Glad we're clicking already." I smiled and he let out a laugh.

   I waved goodbye to Jongho before putting my keys in the key hole and waving as he walked away. I blushed once the door closed and smiled to myself.

   SHIT.

   We may have learned each other names but we didn't yet exchange numbers. So how could we meet up and see each other again.

   I groaned in frustration as I set my security system to on as I walked up to my room to change into pyjamas and have yet another dream, for the eighth day in a row, about the man from the coffee shop who is now identified at least as Jongho.

   Choi Jongho,

   I pray we shall meet again.