Chapter 41: Drive a snowmobile and paraglide.

~ Chapter 41: Drive a snowmobile and paraglide. ~

The next day, Seth and Jenny had to leave. Luckily it wasn’t in the middle of the night like Mathew because Damon and I were exhausted. We met them a little early, after they had given back their skis.

“I want to stay longer!” Jenny whined when she saw the cab arriving.

“I wish you could. But Damon and I will come back home soon so we’ll see each other then.”

The cab parked next to us and took the suitcases to put them in the trunk.

“Alright, this is it then. Thank you for this Damon, we can pay you back if you want…” Jenny offered.

“No need, seriously, it was my pleasure.”

She shrugged and then pulled me into a hug.

“Be safe! And if you guys do another crazy activity, be careful.”

“Yes mum!”

“And you” Jenny continued, pointing at Damon. “You better take care of her and bring her back in one piece!”

“Don’t worry I will.”

After hugs (even Seth and Damon hugged, I think Seth got hit by the news pretty bad.) and reminders to be careful, Seth and Jenny hopped in the cab and waved at us as it was driving away.

“Finally alone!” Damon exclaimed, wrapping me in his arms to kiss me.

“Hey! I liked having them here!” I protested.

“I’m kidding, so did I. But I also love to have you all to myself.”

His words never failed to make me feel all warm inside even though it was freezing outside and we hadn’t bothered to put on a coat. Noticing that I was shaking a little, he took my cold hand in his (much warmer, by the way, how was that?!) and led me back inside. We sat around the table and opened the notebook. We ticked off Go dog sledding and looked at the other things scribbled down.

“Next thing on the list is either drive a snowmobile or paraglide.”

“What? How did you come up with those?” I asked.

“Ok, I’ll admit I added paraglide yesterday when I saw the add but it really tempted me so it made the list.”

“Alright. I’m a little afraid to do it but if it’s on the list, then I guess I’ll just take the plunge.”

“Awesome! You don’t have to do it though if you’re not sure about it, I want you to enjoy it too.”

“I know, but it looks fun. I won’t let my fears stop me.”

He smiled and closed the notebook before calling the number off of the paraglide add. I let him talk on the phone and went in the room to change. Then I took advantage of that little time to write a little on my phone. I had left my story untouched for a little while now and I wanted to end it. Damon came in the room a few minutes later and sat on the bed next to me.

“You’re writing?” He asked, laying his head on my shoulder.

“Yeah.”

I didn’t know why I was so shy about it, I mean, writing was an activity like another, why did I feel so protective and secretive about it? It almost felt like it was a private part of me that I didn’t want everyone to access but surely I could let Damon in.