Chapter 18: Going back home.

~ Chapter 18: Going back home. ~

        We took the plane a little later than planned and landed in the United States in the morning. We were totally jet lagged and didn’t know if we were supposed to sleep or eat or whatever else. We took a cab that drove us home and I went in my house after saying goodbye to Damon, who was going in his.

I opened the door, hoping I wasn’t going to find the house in a disastrous state. But I didn’t. It was like I had left it. Maybe not exactly like I had left it but it wasn’t in a complete mess. There wasn’t anything broken or anything on the floor.

“Is there anyone home?”

I heard a scream and shouted too while rushing in the stairs. Jenny jumped in my arms and I laughed while hugging her.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were coming back home!??” She screamed.

“I wanted to surprise you!”

“I missed you!! You’re so tanned!! I can’t believe you went to Hawaii and Paris!! I hate you!!”

I laughed and she hugged me again, over excited. When she calmed down a little, we sat on her bed and I told her everything about my trips. Without leaving Damon out of the story of course. I told her also about Sam and that I had slept with him before he left, about the X Factor audition (then she asked me to sing the song) and then everything about the list and what we had done.

When I was finished, hours later, it was Jenny’s turn to fill me in on what I had missed. So she told me about college, the parties I had missed, the couples… Then she told me Josh and her had broken up.

“What? Why?” I asked, surprised.

“I was bored. And I sort of cheated on him so I thought it would be best to break up before he’d find out.”

“With who?”

“Um… I don’t think you should know…”

“Tell me!”

She hesitated and bit her lips. So she was guilty of something.

“… It kind of was your… brother.”

I opened big eyes and mouth and she apologized.

“I’m sorry, it just happened… I didn’t mean to…”

“Ewe! That’s just… Gross!”

“Leah, I’m sorry to break it to you but your brother is HOT!”

“Ewe, Jenny, don’t talk about Seth like that!”

She laughed.

“I can’t believe it! Don’t talk about it ever again or I won’t be able to look at the two of you ever again!”

“We’re not a couple. It was just for one night.”

“Again. Ewe.”

She laughed again and apologized. I wasn’t mad at her, just disgusted at the idea of my best friend and my brother doing… you know.

“Where is Seth by the way?”

“Some friend of his agreed to let him stay at his place. So he left. Besides it was kind of awkward after we had done it.”

“Jenny!!”

This idiot was laughing again. We changed the subject luckily and talked again for a long time. Damon had texted me that he needed to sleep so he wouldn’t come by the house today.