Chapter 3: Getting my best friend back. Sort of.

~ Chapter 3: Getting my best friend back. Sort of. ~

Damon knocked at the door at nine sharp like promised and I went down to open. I said bye and we hopped into my car.

“So, you still won’t tell me where we’re going?” He asked.

“You’ll see just in time.”

He turned on the radio and we sang along the song that was on. Bastille’s new one.

“I see you still have good taste in music.” He said, smiling.

I grinned back and parked the car.

“Are we there?”

“Mh-mm.”

“And… Where are we exactly?”

“Just wait a minute.”

We went out of the car and he followed me. We stopped in front of a fence and I switched on my phone’s flashlight. It was completely dark like I had planned, which in that case was a good thing.

“We’re going to have to climb this fence.”

“What?”

“It’s easy, come on.”

I started climbing up and Damon followed me. I checked several times if he was ok. Once up the fence, we had to pass on the other side of it then we fell back on the ground. Damon followed me a little further and I stopped in front of a door that I managed to open.

“Is this legal?” Damon asked, smiling.

I shrugged and went in. I turned on the lights and Damon jumped with surprise.

“Oh my god! We’re in a pool!”

“Come on! We have it all to ourselves!”

“This is so awesome!”

“I know. I’ve always wanted to do that.”

“But I don’t have any bathing suit.”

“Doesn’t matter, I didn’t bring one either, so that we’d be in the same situation.”

He smiled and took off his shoes and his socks. I did the same thing and saw him taking off his shirt. Well, well, well… he hadn’t lost his abs. I stayed frozen for a second but tried to look some place else. I didn’t want him to think I was staring at his perfect body, it wasn’t cool and it wasn’t what normal friends usually do. Let’s say I was just enjoying the view. He started wetting a toe in the pool and kneeled down to also wet his hand. I took advantage of it and pushed him. He fell in the pool with a big noise that resonated. We laughed together and he got out to take me in his arms and dived with me. I still had my clothes on but whatever, no one could see us anyways. We splashed each other and swam a little. As I had hopped, it felt like we were thirteen again. As we were little, we used to go on vacations together. I would go with his family, and we would do the opposite the next year.

“Hey! Look what I found!” Damon beamed, with an air mattress in form of a crocodile in the arms.

“Awesome!”

He went on it and helped me get on it behind him. We fell a couple of times but finally managed to stay on the crocodile. Damon tried to paddle with his hands but we stayed in the same place. We laughed a lot, and I have to say it felt amazingly good to have him back as a friend. At some point, both of us were cold so we dived back into the pool and swam a little before getting out when we got tired. After taking off our wet clothes until being just in our underwear, we lay down and talked about things and others. I looked at the time on my phone and saw it was already four am. I was exhausted but I didn’t want this night to end.