Chapter 32: No regrets.

~ Chapter 32: No regrets. ~

(A/N: New chapter!! I hope you guys like it, let me know and, you know the drill by now, don't forget to vote/comment! :)

Up or on the side is the lyric video for Sad Song by We The Kings (ft. Elena Coats) because @Books_are_life1320 thought it fitted the book really well, and I think it's pretty perfect so go have a listen at it while you read this chapter :) Good reading!)

                                                                         *

We ended the trip by going in a forest to traverse between trees on a zip line and also Go Rock Climbing. Both activities had been pretty frightening but I didn’t have a big scare of heights luckily. We spent the night there in a tent, which was scary because of all the noises and the insects I thought were crawling on me. We didn’t sleep at all because I couldn’t close an eye by fear of having something like a big spider or a cockroach inside of the tent. We ticked a third thing off of the list the next morning (Make love on a forest floor.). It hadn’t been as pleasant as on the beach because of my fear of insects but it still had been awesome.

We packed our stuff to go to the airport early in the morning after taking a shower to get rid of the dirt or branches in our hair. We were sad to leave but I needed to see Jenny and talk to her. Things were starting to get tougher and I needed my best friend’s support. I knew I wasn’t the one suffering or dying but watching the person I was in love with and the guy who had been my best friend for so long in pain was too hard to handle on my own.

I couldn’t have known what it would be like in the beginning, this one afternoon when he asked me if I still wanted to hang out with him even though he was sick but I wouldn’t have changed my decision for the world.

The moments I had gotten to spend with Damon were priceless and worth all the pain that would come after his death. At least I wouldn’t have any regret. There are many things I wish we could have more time to do together like get married and have kids and buy a house and a dog but I had already understood that it wouldn’t happen so I had finally got to accept it and forced myself to enjoy every last moment we would get to spend together.

It was when I closed my suitcase that I got the idea. It was just a simple thought at first, a “what if”, a “maybe” but as the idea implanted itself into my head more and more, I began to realize that this was exactly what I wanted. That this would be my one big regret.

I grabbed my phone as Damon was heading downstairs to try booking a cab (the wifi was only available in the reception lobby). Jenny answered at the third ring and screamed as I explained my idea to her. She was in, and she promised to tell Seth everything. It was on before I even knew it and it made me anxious but also really excited.

Damon came back and sat on the bed, grimacing.

“You ok?” I asked.

“Yeah, don’t worry, it’s just a little one.” He inhaled then exhaled, kind of like pregnant women do when they get into labor. “I booked the cab, it should be here in about an hour.”

I sat next to him.

“Is it maybe possible that we stay a couple more days?” I asked.

Damon frowned, raising his head.

“I guess. But we have our plane tickets and everything…”

“We can change the day. Please. I have something important to do and I need to be here to do it.”