Chapter 10: Sing a great song in front of an audience.

~ Chapter 10: Sing a great song in front of an audience. ~

        We knew we had arrived because of all the people that were there already. We parked a little further away then went back there and sighed. What had I gotten myself into?!

Sing a great song in front of an audience. Here we are. In The X Factor.” I said, a little nervous.

“It’s going to be fun. We don’t have anything to loose anyways.”

He was right. We had to enjoy every second of it. We waited in the line for a long time and we took advantage of that time to try to choose a song, cause of course, we hadn’t planned one. Everyone was singing around us and we were trying to pick out something that would really make us have a good time.

“Do you still play the guitar?” I asked Damon.

He did so I advised him to play some while he was on stage. He thought it was a good idea and we agreed on asking one when we would get inside. I wasn’t really looking forward to going on stage because I wasn’t a good singer and there was an audience out there and, even if I knew it was for fun, I didn’t like to be ridiculous in front of people.

“Ok, sing something to me.” Damon blurted, out of the blue.

“Now?”

“Yeah. I decided I wasn’t going to let you get on stage if you were a really bad singer like the girl over there.” He explained while showing me a teenager who was trying to act all diva and everything but who sounded… awful.

“Thank you!”

“So… Sing!”

I thought and the first song that crossed my mind was Good Girl, by Carrie Underwood. I put one headphone in my ear to have the melody, cleared my voice and started singing. Damon was listening attentively and stopped me after the first chorus. I was hoping he would say I wouldn’t go cause I was so bad it would be mean of him to force me but instead he said:

“You’re not that bad. You’re definitely going.”

“Please Damon! I suck!”

“You know you don’t!”

We argued playfully for a little bit but I had to surrender and we kept on searching a song to sing. A little later, we arrived at the end of the line and we got out numbers stuck on our shirts. I couldn’t believe what I had seen on TV was happening to me. I realized I was going to “sing” in front of Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, Demi Lovato and Britney Spears! Oh my God! I was going to make such a fool of myself!

Damon and I moved to the room and later, we got called to go backstage and wait for our turn. Damon asked a guy if he could borrow his guitar and the guy agreed. Minutes flew by and soon enough it was time for us to go on stage. They called Damon first. I hugged him to wish him good luck and he smiled before going up on stage. I could hear the audience screaming when he did.

“Is he your boyfriend?” A girl asked, waiting behind me.

“No, just a friend. Why?”

“Nothing. He’s cute.”

“Yup.”

I had nothing against talking a little more but she stopped me and stuck her ear against the wall.

“Oh my god he’s good!”

“Who?”

“Your friend, duh!”