Angela

Giovanni

I walked into the joint nursery and grinned.

The room was filled with boxes on the side designated for Victor and Juliana's child.

Looks like they've gotten a jump on baby shopping.

I noticed the unfinished crib on my future child's side of the room and soon began gasping for air.

"Giovanni, the baby is almost here. Shouldn't you be putting the crib together?", Aria said as I bathe her.

I placed the sponge in the water and caressed her cheek.

"моя красота, I will finish it, alright. I promise. We have time. Our angel will be taken cared of."

"I love you, Giovanni."

"I love you more.", I said as I placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Giovanni! Hey!", Victor yelled, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I shot him a look before noticing I was on the floor.

"What happened?", he asked me.

"Nothing, I'm fine.", I said as I stood.

"You were gasping for air, Giovanni."

"I'm fine.", I began to walk away.

"You called for Aria."

I stopped walking. I stopped breathing.

"Giovanni."

I took a deep breath and turned around.

"This was supposed to be our child's room.", I gestured the room.

"That was supposed to be their crib. I promised her I would finish it, but-"

"-Then she was murdered."

"I-I thought I was over the guilt and the pain."

"You have nothing to feel guilty about, G. Aria loved you until her last breath and she wanted you to be happy. She would have loved Tamara. She would love your child."

"It's not just that. I know Aria just wanted me happy and she would accept this. I feel guilty that I let myself get this far with Tamara."

"What do you mean?"

"Aria was my first love and I always thought she would be my last. She was supposed to be it for me and then she was taken away. I'm afraid that Tamara and our child will somehow, some way, be taken away from me. Aria and I lost two kids. She never got to be a mother. She never got to watch her godchildren grow up. I don't want that for Tamara."

"No one is going to take me away. No one is going to take our child away.", I heard Tamara say behind me.

I turned and saw her for the first time today. She was wearing one of my T-shirts and sweatpants.

I wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm scared, Tamara.", I said as I rested my forehead against hers.

"We've got this, babe. We are going to be fine. Aria was taken because Alissa was a psychopath. Our son or daughter will be protected at all costs."

I kissed her forehead.

"How do you do that?"

"Do what?", she asked as she lifted her head up.

"You're the only person I know who stops to see the light through all the madness. I'm the leader of the Italian mafia and you still saw the light in me."