Prologue

I want to start by saying that I'm so excited to write this book. I had so much fun writing 'Wife Of A Mafia Boss' and I hope this book is as good as that one was.

**You do not need to read Wife Of A Mafia Boss to understand this book.

This chapter is going to be really short. It's just to help you understand what makes Giovanni the way he is.

Giovanni:

I slammed my fist on the table as I glared at the foolish men in front of me.

"How in the hell did this happen? You were supposed to be guarding him."

"I'm sorry, sir. I-I.."

The stupid bitch couldn't even think of an excuse.

"You're sorry? There is a killer loose in my Manor and you're sorry? You put my pregnant fiancé in danger and you're sorry?", I wrapped my hand around his throat.

He began gasping for air as I tightened my hand around his throat. His lips turning blue. His face turned red and his eyes closed as he took his last breathe.

"Clean up the mess.", I said before I left the room.

I rushed to my room, making sure that I wasn't followed.

I can't believe that my men were careless enough to not notice that a killer who wanted us all dead escaped from our basement.

I opened the door and locked it behind me.

"Aria, I'm back.", I called out to my beautiful fiancé.

No answer.

I hurried to the closet. She wasn't there.

"Aria!"

I pushed the bathroom door open to find her taking a bath. Lit candles surrounded her. Her soapy hand rested on her huge baby bump. It was a beautiful sight.

"Hello beautiful."

She looked up at me and smiled.

"Hi. You've been gone too long.", she whined.

I kissed her lips softly.

"I'm sorry. We ran into an issue, but I'll explain later. Right now, I need to move you to one of our safe houses as a safety precaution."

She nodded and stood up from the tub. I wrapped a towel around her and helped her dry off.

I took her to the bedroom. She sat on the bed as I went to the closet to get her something to wear.

My heart nearly jumped out of my chest when I heard a familiar sound followed by heavy footsteps running away. I ran back to the bedroom and dropped to my knees as I saw Aria on the ground, blood pouring out of her. She had been shot in the head. She managed to turn her head towards me and reached out for me.

I grabbed her hand and caressed her cheek.

"You are everything I ever wanted. I love you.", she whispered softly.

"No! Please, don't leave me. You can't leave me."

I began bawling as her eyes slowly shut and her breathing ceased.

I felt a pair of arms around me. I looked up to see Aria's grandmother, Camilla looking at me with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't protect her." I leaned into her and wiped away her tears.

"Giovanni, all I ever wanted for Aria was for her to be happy. You made her happy. She loved you so much."

My men hurriedly placed Aria on a gurney and rushed her away.

It was no use. My princess was already gone.