Chapter 10 | caught

A man as evil as Kira would definitely be a source of trauma. And you were worried that Lights presence was just making all of the systems trauma worse. Which is probably why you've been hanging around them so much, you were worried.

Ryuzaki insisted that they were all ok, Ryuga would tell you that he can handle anyone that tries to cross them, L appreciated your concern but said they could handle it. And Deneuve? Well he was a kid so you weren't sure he completely understood the situation. He knew the board stroked but not the fine details, and for good reason. A kid probably wouldn't take the idea of being in the same room as a potential murderer very well.

So you wanted to get back to taskforce fast. You'd had to run out for food, leaving the system and Light alone in that building together. The taskforce was there sure, but the building is massive and there's plenty of space away from them to hide.

You had a bed feeling...

The man in question stood in the doorway, unbeknownst to the current fronting alter Ryuzaki. He was watching, waiting.

Ryuzaki was trying desperately to work but everyone kept on talking in the headspace and distracting him. That's one of the downsides to DID, there's never peace and quiet. He was starting to get annoyed, L and Ryugas pointless conversation about which type of pasta was better wasn't helping his concentration on the case.

He sighed, putting his head on the table.

"Guys, this is the kira case. Shut up about pasta for two seconds please..." He said.

"Oh- sorry... but spaghetti is still the best" he heard Ryuga say.

"Uh no- macaroni is. Duh" L jumped in.

"Guys-"

"Sorry..."

"Sorry"

"... and you're both wrong spirals are" Ryuzaki added.

Hearing footsteps approach him he picked his head up to see Light take the seat opposite him. Rolling his eyes thinking 'here we go'. What did he want now? Another rant about how he's not kira? Please, he stands out like a wombat in a sea of echinaceas.

"Ryuzaki" he said.

"Yes?"

"Or... am I not talking to Ryuzaki?"

Panic immediately set in. Did he know? How would he have found out? Ryuga screaming 'play it off' to Ryuzaki from inside the headspace was the first to think of a solution.

"You can call me whatever alias you like, I don't care" Ryuzaki replied.

"You know what I'm talking about Ryuzaki... Ryuga... whoever you currently are. Admit it"

He knew. He definitely knew. This was bad. Very bad.

"Have you inhaled Misa's nail polish remover? What are you on?" Ryuzaki snapped.

"There more than one of you! I know it. Admit it"

"This just makes you look more suspicious Light. Your Kira percent-"

"Fuck my Kira percentage. You're hiding something, and (y/n) is in on it too" Light scowled.

"Why does it matter?"

"Ryuzaki let me front. I wanna beat this hoe" Ryuga snapped.

Ryuzaki ignored him, trying to push him back and tell him it'd only make them look more suspicious to Light.

"Ryuga. This isn't the time. We need to keep L and Deneuve safe" Ryuzaki told them from the headspace.

But this situation was starting to make him feel dissociated. Light knew about the system somehow and wasn't backing down. His glare felt like he was looking right through the body's eyes and into the headspace. This could be very very bad.

"Light you're just digging your own grave, drop this and go back to preaching your not Kira" Ryuzaki said.

His vision kept getting unfocused, his head seeming cloudy. The intense stress of the confrontation making him dissociate.

"Answer me Ryuzaki" Light said.

No response, too far gone into dissociation.

"Ryuzaki? What's the matter? Someone trying to take your spot?" Light taunted.

And just like that, he switched. But this was weird. When he opened his eyes back in his own body in the headspace, he counted five alters. Himself, L, Ryuga and Deneuve.

"Hold on..." L began.

"If you're in here and none of us are out, then who the fuck is driving the body?" Ryuga said.

"The silver haired person!" Deneuve jumped in.

The adults turned to look at the child. Was he referring to the voice they all noticed? Was there another new alter in the front right now?

Light watched the person in the body come back to reality with a smirk on his face, there was no denying it now. There was just a switch, he saw it with his own eyes.

"So, Ryuzaki couldn't take the confrontation could he?" He teased.

"Yagami, I'll have to ask you to refrain from the act of fucking yourself over. Not only will it damage your innocence in the eyes in the investigation... but I'm sure your father wouldn't want to know about the... files on your computer..."

Light looked confused.

"Files? What are getting at?"

"Such an unsavoury young man you are. He already saw you reading very dirty magazines when you were under 24 hour watch. But I'm sure he wouldn't want to hear about a certain fact from a third party and not his own son. After all, all electronics are automatically hooked up to the main frame in this building. All it would take is one drag and drop"

It suddenly clicked in Lights head. And he narrowed his eyes, gritting his teeth.

"You wouldn't..."

"Drop this 'other people' nonsense Yagami... or else your father will find out about your-"

"Ok. I guess I was... wrong" he hesitated.

As the words left his mouth, the door opened and you stood in the doorframe behind him.

"Ah, (y/n) darling! Welcome back"

Darling? None of the alters have called you darling before...

"Yeah, thanks. Have I missed anything?" You asked.

Light stood up, looking very frustrated.

"Nothing, nothing at all" he muttered, turning to leave the room in a huff.

"Uh... What's he all mad about?"

You put your bags down on the desk and pulled up a chair next to Ryuzaki. It was still Ryuzaki wasn't it?

"I'm afraid we're in a bit of trouble. He's figured out the DID situation... but he denied it... maybe blackmailed him a bit. But he still knows. This could be... bad. But I won't let my babies get hurt, I can defuse this"

Babies? Darling? Who was this.

"Sorry but... who's fronting?" You asked.

"Oh yes! I don't believe we've met in person yet. I've been watching for a while now so I know a fair bit about the situation but it'd be great if you could fill me in. I do talk a bit girly don't I? Must have been confusing. I'm Eraldo Coil, pleasure to meet you..."