Chapter 5

I came to the assumption I was gay in highschool. I was the only one without a girlfriend. At least that's what it felt like.

My first male crush was in high school also. Those days were rough. I still remember him.

Being gay was a struggle I couldn't handle that well. That's how I turned to self harm.

"Ok now I'm going to Partner you up and you will explain what you wrote down and why you want to do that."

"Ray and Vic"

"Kellin and bob"

"Hayley and Lindsey"

"Frank and Gerard"

I looked around. Who was Frank again?

I kept watching the people partner up coming to the realization that My partner frank, was the sad angry boy in the corner. I blush crawled across my face but I quickly pushed it away.

He was quite intimidating when he got up and slugged over to me. His arms hanging at his side. His face was in a blank emotionless state.

One side of his head was shaved and bleached, while the other was longer and black.

I noticed his lip ring, small and black. I always thought lip rings were cool. My fear of needles would never let me get one though.

He sat down in the chair beside and me turned To my face.

"Hi. I'm Frank.."

"Hey I'm Gerard.. so I guess we're supposed to tell Each other what we wrote down?"

Frank nodded and looked down at his hands.

"Umm yeah."

"So you go first" he stated forcefully obviously not wanting to share his.

I sighed. I couldn't tell him what I really wrote down. That would be EMBARRASSING. I thought up a lie quickly.

"I want to try to be so depressed." I said blandly. That's what these people wanted to hear.

Franks lips pressed into a straight line and he looked up at me.

"Oh." he said. He looked as though he has was thinking of something intensely.

"So... h-how about you?" I said nervously to him.

"I want to find somebody." he said to me and looked back down. He twiddled his thumbs.

"What do you mean?"

"A boyfriend." he said simply.

"Your gay?" I said in surprise. He doesn't seem like the person who is gay. For some reason I was.... happy about it.

He nodded and continued to awkwardly look at the floor.

"I am too." I stated.

He looked back up at me and, for the first time, smiled.

"Cool." He seemed pretty chill.

He looked like he was about to say something else but was interrupted by Mr. letts calling out to the class.

"Okay Guys it's time to go have lunch!"

The class got up and I looked over at Frank.

He put his hands in his pockets and and got up as he started walking into a hallway.

I followed him and the group to a large room that had tables and one table that had sandwiches and snacks on it.

I continued to follow Frank as we walked over to the table.

He grabbed 2 sandwiches and waters and a bag of Doritos and walked over to a small table near the corner of the room.

He sat down and patted the space in front of him signaling me to sit down.

I sat down wondering why he was being so nice to me.

"Here." he said tossing me one of the waters and the sand which.

We sat in silence for a moment until I decided to say something.

"Why are you being so nice to me." I said curiously.

He looked up at me and didn't say anything for a minut.

"I'm intrigued by you I guess."

I nodded. Why would anybody want to know anything about me.

"So what's your story Gerard."

I frowned.

"I don't really want to talk about it right now."

He sighed and let out a faint 'I understand'

We continued to talk about counseling and how everything works for the next 15 Minutes we had before we had to leave.

We were talking when I saw Mikey walk in the door way remembering I actually had to get picked up.

I was kind of sad I had to stop talking to Frank.

I'm pretty sure I was the only one who lived with there brother so I tried not to draw any attention. It's embarrassing being picked up by my little brother. What am I 5?

"Well Frank I have to go." I said.
"Thanks for talking to me. See you next Tuesday?"

Frank nodded and smiled at me.

He slid a piece of paper across the table that had a collection of numbers on it.

"Text me?" I smiled and said I would make sure to.

I waved by to Frank and walked over to MIkey who led me out of the building.

We walked outside to the car.
I hopped in the passenger side. I mean, as fast as you can with a cast on your leg.

"So who was that you were talking to?" Mikey said giving me a strange look.

"Just a friend.." I smiled to myself and shoved the small slip of paper in my pocket.