Chapter 24

"Come on!" Frank said, pulling me through the forest. I knew where he was taking me.

That damn cabin.

I smiled when we reached the cabin, Frank pulled to the side of the small pond, sitting in the grass.

He pulled out two sandwiches and two sodas from his backpack he brought, and a small blanket.

"Picnic?!" I said smiling like a goofball and taking a drink of the dr pepper he had brought me.

He nodded, spreading the blanket out for us to sit on.

"Frank your the bestest." I said pecking him on the cheek. He blushed and smiled back at me.

"Thanks gee." He said taking a bite from his sandwich.

"Are you happy you moved in with me?" He said, obviously trying to start up a conversation.

"Of corse. I can spend a lot more time with you now. But I'm going to have to get a job soon, it's been 4 months since...." I stopped talking, not wanted to talk about my try committing suicide.

"Don't worry" he said smiling.

"Remember when I stormed off and came here?" I said, I was throwing rocks in the pond and eating my sandwich.

"Mmhm" he said.

"Well in the cabin, I found... pictures of you. And a drawing you did." I said.

Frank looked at me.

"What do you mean pictures." He said in a serious tone.

"Pictures of you... with boys. 2 other boys. You were camping here or somethi-" Frank cut me off.

"Yes they are from when I was little. Those were my friends." He breathed out. He smiled to himself.

I nodded and decided I wouldn't bring up the drawing I had found.

We sat in silence for a few minuts, eating, enjoying each others company.

Frank got his guitar that he had brought with him, and put it on his knee.

"I want to sing you a song I wrote. For you." He said blushing and looking at me.

I smiled and nodded, watching him as he placed the guitar in front of his chest and started strumming his fingers across the strings.

"So long to all my friends
Everyone of them met tragic ends
With every passing day
I'd be lying if I didn't say
That I miss them all tonight
And if they only knew what I would say

If I could be with you tonight
I would sing you to sleep
Never let them take the light behind your eyes
One day I'll lose this fight
As we fade in the dark
Just remember you will always burn as bright

Be strong and hold my hand
Time-it comes for us, you'll understand
We'll say goodbye today
And I'm sorry how it ends this way
If you promise not to cry
Then I'll tell you just what I would say

If I could be with you tonight
I would sing you to sleep
Never let them take the light behind your eyes
I'll fail and lose this fight
Never fade in the dark
Just remember you will always burn as bright

The light behind your eyes

Sometimes we must grow stronger and
You can be stronger when I'm gone
When I'm here, no longer
You must be stronger and

If I could be with you tonight
I would sing you to sleep
Never let them take the light behind your eyes
I failed and lost this fight
Never fade in the dark
Just remember you will always burn as bright

The light behind your eyes

The light behind your eyes"

He finished, looking up at me. I smiled and kissed him.

"That's beautiful." I said lovingly.

"Want to go in the water?" Frank said, pulling his shirt off. Before I could answer he grabbed my hand, pulling me in.

"AHH Frank!!" I said while falling in and soaking myself.

He giggled and picked me up in the water. My legs wrapped around him, and he kissed me.

I let go of me and started swimming around, I followed.

He started getting a little further, swimming to the other side of the pond.

"Frank? Where are you going?!" I said swimming and following him.

He swam to the edge of the other side, and got out. He started sprinting up the hill, and the grass clearing was just at the top.

"Frank?!!!!!" I said, I finally reached the edge and started running up the hill, he was already at the top by the time I had gotten half way.

"CMON Frank you really have to make me run?????"
I said as I stopped to take a breather.

I heard no response from Frank, and continued up the hill.

I reached the top and looked forward, Out of breath. And there was Frank.

He was holding up a sign, a big white sign, it had diamond blue stars on it, and in the middle it read,

'Will you marry me?'

My mouth dropped wide. I didn't know what to say. Frank started walking forward to me.

"Gerard, everyday that I have known you, you have put a smile on My face. From the counseling group, to the pool party were I asked you out, to you moving in. You are the love of my life. You make me feel alive. Before I met you, I felt like I would be alone for the rest of my life. But you changed that. I love you so, so much. So much more than you know. So much more than you would ever guess. So Gerard Way, Will you marry me?" He said.

Frank was now crying, he dropped the sign as I ran over to him and latched my arms around him harder than I ever had before.

"...Y-yes!" I said crying into his shoulder. I couldn't believe this.

___________________________

THEY ARE ENGAGED FINALLY. LIKE 2 MONTHS INTO DATING BUT STILL THEY ARE ENGAGED. THIS CHAPTER IS BAE AF.

-Emily xoxo