~ Chapter 20 ~ (Repeated Tragedy)

Start from the beginning

Now they see what's the problem here. There was a cat sleeping on a dirty blanket on the ground. Someone probably left the blanket for the cat.

Shinobu continue to stood behind (Y/N) eyeing the feline. (Y/N) and Kanae know Shinobu can't stand cats or any kind of furry creatures. To make the matter worse (for Shinobu), the cat began to wake up.

The cat saw the three of them before started to approach them. The cat goes to Kanae first before rubbing itself on her legs. Kanae just petted the cat back.

Then the cat change it's attention to (Y/N) and started to approach him. Before (Y/N) even realise, Shinobu suddenly jumped on (Y/N)'s back instantly and perched herself on his shoulder.

(Y/N) wobbled a bit from this before balancing himself. The cat then rub itself on (Y/N)'s legs and he just watched since he can't do anything much with Shinobu on top of him. Then the three of them began their journey back to their home

~Flashback End~

They just continue while the sky becoming much more darker with every minutes. The cat also never stopped following them (much to Shinobu's dismay).

Suddenly, they heard the cat began to hissing loudly. The three of them watched as the cats were hissing at the woods beside. (Y/N) have a bad feeling about this.

"Shinobu, could you come down? Something is not right" asked (Y/N). Shinobu just said okay and (Y/N) lowed himself before Shinobu jumped off. "Both of you stay behind me" (Y/N) said and Kanae and Shinobu just listen to him.

(Y/N) watched as the trees began rustling around them while (Y/N) keep his guard up. Suddenly the rustling stopped. It became quiet right now but the cat didn't stop growling.

(Y/N) with himself, pushed Kanae and Shinobu on the ground before hearing a thud at their backs. They turned around and saw a creature looking at them. "I finally found you brat!" the creature said.

(Y/N) recognised this voice, it was the demon last night that he spared. The demon also looked different like more buffed than he was before. (Y/N) pulled out his blade while keeping his eyes on the demon.

"Owh? It seems there's also two other brats with you. They sure looked fine... Fine to be my dinner tonight" the demon said while eyeing the Kocho Sisters.

(Y/N) just stood in front of them protectively before thinking a quick plan. "Listen Kanae, Shinobu, I want both of you to make a run and return to the house without me. I'll catch up later when I'm done."

The demon with his enhanced hearings just laughed when he heard this, "Hoho! Do you think I will let them go easily." sneered the demon.

But (Y/N) already planned everything inside his head. Before the demon even realised, (Y/N) with his speed went closer to the demon before delivering a kick on the demon's side rib sending the demon flying away crashing few trees in the woods.

With the demon occupied, (Y/N) quickly went back to the Kocho sisters and tell them to close their eyes and cover their mouth and nose which both of them complied.

Then (Y/N) pulled out something from his pouch pocket and throw it to the ground near them. A purple smoke began to rise and envelope both Kanae and Shinobu.

A few seconds later, the area began to clear from the smoke. Kanae and Shinobu open up their eyes released their hands from their mouth and nose. They smelled a bit different now.

Before they asked, (Y/N) just straight answered them, "the two of you are now covered with the scent of Wisteria flower. Now you could run home safely without worrying about other demons attacking both of you. Now go!" (Y/N) said in hurry which both of them nodded and tell (Y/N) to stay safe before they leave.