chap 72: all things must come to an end

She swings her purse over her shoulder, her heart beating out of her chest, thud and thud , again and again

 She swings her purse over her shoulder, her heart beating out of her chest, thud and thud , again and again. Something is wrong. Her instincts are screaming at her, warning her. She won't like this. Whatever is to come, she must push herself through. Ophelia is short, but her presence requires attention. Pretty brown eyes, silky black hair and a pretty green dress, at the end of the pier. Alexis can see her from here as she walks towards the end of the pier, her heart beating in her chest.

  In and out. She calms herself, stopping to catch her breathe. She needs to keep her calm, no matter what the situation may be. "Alexis," Ophelia calls out cheerily, rushing towards Alexis. Alexis embraces her, smiling slightly at her "How have you been?"

   She takes a breathe, "I've been okay. Adonis came back," She says offhandedly, carefully watching Ophelia's expression. Ophelia doesn't even bat an eyelash at this, smiling. She clearly already knows. Alexis doesn't understand, "Anyways, how did you end up in LA?"

"University. I'm going to UCSB, and I drove down for the day," She responds within a few seconds, picking her phone from her pocket and staring at the screen. Whatever the text is, she doesn't like. She shoves her phone back in her pocket, painting on a smile "I missed you" Her voice is genuine, but for some reason, Alexis doesn't believe that's the reason she came down here.

  Alexis just plays along, as she always does, "I missed you too," She responds after her heart skips a beat, calming herself down. Something about this entire thing unsettles her "So, how do you like UCSB? Any hot boys? Anyone you are interested?"

 Ophelia shrugs a shoulder, "No, actually," Ophelia mutters, clearly disappointed, her eyelashes fluttering "The boys in Greece are far better," Alexis smiles at this. She knows that by heart. All the boys she met in Greece easily overwhelm the male population here. And Adonis has done what no man has ever been able to do.

  She meets Ophelia's gaze, forcing herself out of her daydream,"Easily" She chuckles, allowing herself to let go of some of the stress she has been building up. She doesn't want to eat herself alive before she even knows what is going on. Assuming the worst is one of her worst traits.

"So, how have you and Adonis been?"

   And her worst trait reappears. She can see the tense look on Ophelia's face, the biting of her lip. Whatever she has to tell her, it's related to Adonis. And she doesn't know if she can stomach it. She has a feeling she has been played a fool, again. "Good. But you know something about that, don't you?" She sharply asks, watching Ophelia innocently blink. She seems to be battling an inner conflict. Unsure whether to tell her or not. Alexis grows impatient watching Ophelia gaze at her.

 Ophelia just gazes at her as if she doesn't have enough words to describe what she needs to say, "I can stomach it. Go for it" She demands, and Ophelia sighs, letting out a deep breathe. She sits on the bench, gesturing for Alexis to sit beside her with a sad smile. She isn't going to like this. Ophelia is like her. She doesn't beat around the bush. If she's beating around the bush, this is something big. Bigger then life itself. Something that will make Alexis collapse. Not many things can do that.