chap 53: my thoughts drown me

She's still recovering

She's still recovering. Reeling. She had not seen that coming. She had expected to never seen Adonis again, ever. She doesn't understand why he's here, and she's wary. Confused. As she shoves the pizza in her mouth, hastily finishing it, someone honks outside of the house.

 Axel. He must have come early. She glances at the clock, confirming her previous suspicions. She clicks her tongue. She has not be able to keep him off her mind. The moment keeps replaying in her mind, refusing to leave her. His blue eyes. His warm smile. It's too much for her. She isn't leaving the game for him. That's for sure. No matter what happens, she won't leave it. Even with him, she isn't complete. Her future matters too.

 And they snatched that from her too. Her future means as much to her as her soulmate does. As she finally finishes, she wipes her mouth with the napkin, re-glossing her lips. Another honk. Her mother warmly smiles at her. Alexis doesn't have the energy to be upset at her mother, so she has been surprisingly complicit. For the past few hours at least. "Axel is much better then that boy you used to date," her mother says, and she warmly smiles at her daughter, who is acting far politer then usual "What was his name? Park or something"

 How typical of her mother to forget the name of the boy she dated for two years. She purses her lips, "Axel and I are friends. Nothing more" She affirms, and her mother doesn't seem to believe her as she picks up her plate, sliding open the kitchen door.

Before she closes the door, she slyly smiles at her daughter "It always starts as friends"

She doesn't wait for her mother to return, barreling out the front door, her blonde hair flying out behind her as she streaks towards his car, a smile on her lips. Axel's mere presence makes her much happier. She slides open the blue door, coyly grinning at him. He smiles back, his pretty black hair tousled as usual. "Where to?" She asks, and she avoids the topic she knows is soon to come up. Almost the entire school is talking about. She thrives on gossip, but at the same time, she despises how her personal life- every single one of her actions, is out in the open. And everyone knows about them.

"I was thinking a bonfire. We could just chill and get free drinks" He replies hoarsely, and she nods. That sounds appeasing. It's far better then a party with the rest of them. She needs to be ready for tomorrow, where she is sure to see Adonis again. She knows she can only avoid him for so long.

"So, how have you been?" He asks, and she cocks her head to glance at his face.

"Just peachy"

  He grimaces, "Out of all the words in your vocabulary you choose to say: peachy?" He asks, and he mimics throwing up, playfully smiling at her. His ever present boyish grin on his lips.

"It's such a nice word. It has a ring to it," She argues, propping her feet up on the dashboard. The glare Axel shoots her prompts her to remove her feet, bashfully smiling as she slowly places them on the ground "You have to agree"