chap 26: end of summer party

She slides into her jeans, buttoning them closed

 She slides into her jeans, buttoning them closed. They accentuate her curves perfectly. With several rips around her thigh and knee, her tanned skin is clear through the jeans. She adjusts her white ribbed top slightly, moving it further up so that more of her toned stomach is visible. Over the past few days, her bruises have healed significantly. The bruise on her side is still visible, and it is purple as ever, but she does not care. She wears it like a badge. The ones on her face, she dabs concealer over. 

  She sorts through her closet one more time. She pulls out a Varsity Jacket. Eric's jacket. It hangs over her frame, but with her outfit, she is able to pull it off. She tightens the laces of her black Air Forces, staring at her outfit one last time. She has Parker's jacket, Eric's jacket, her freshman year boyfriend's jacket. It's a collection she refuses to let go of. It is perfect. Her lips are glossed with a darker lipstick she tends to use for special occasions. She uses it to be bold, to stand out, and today is the day.

  She opens her room door, peering down the hallway. It is empty, without a sign of her mother. She does not need her mother's opinion on her outfit today. She will advise Alexis to cover up her bruise, and Alexis will outright refuse. She takes the stairs slowly, tucking her phone into her back pocket. As soon as she reaches the front door, she looks around one last time before she slams the door closed. The car is already waiting at her door when she steps out, and the owner honks. Bella. Her dealer. She's gotten everything from her from weed to the harder drugs from Bella. Bella had offered to drive her, insisting it was her pleasure. 

  Alexis thinks it has to do with the protection Alexis conveniently offers her, "Thanks for the ride" She mutters as soon as she enters the car, and she pulls out her phone, typing uselessly. She doesn't really enjoy replying to her texts. Replying to several texts. Daniel and Bella are two of the only people she can ever put up with at her school. They enjoy getting high together, and they often spend hours in this haze-like phase where none of them can think. She prefers silence, and she has no interest in ever talking to them. They do not care about her, or her status. All they care about is her silence and the atmosphere they all create together.

"Yeah, no problem" Bella replies as she revs the engine of her blue 1998 Cadillac, smiling at Alexis. Alexis offers her own smile, but it doesn't quite meet her eyes.

She has no idea what is about to happen. She hates not feeling as if she is in absolute control 100% of the time. So she paints on a smile and leans against Bella's leather seats. It takes only a few minutes to reach Blair's house. The gorgeous white house is made of marble, and you can not even see the end of it. It sprawls across a huge estate, and the the huge steel doors are already opened. Bella hands her something, and she sighs deeply.

 She turns her gaze slowly to Bella, a smile on her face, "Thanks" She quickly says to Bella, not wishing to spend any extra time around Bella if it is not necessary. She tucks her gloss in Eric's varsity jacket pocket, along with her phone. She slowly makes her way down the lawn, staring at the various people loitering on it. Someone is throwing up behind the bush, and she chuckles. She knows Blair's parents will not appreciate that. She proceeds towards the door, pushing them open slightly. The house smells of sweat, and the neon lights flash throughout it.