chap 30: fury

Eric does not lift his gaze from her figure for the entire period of English. As if it will faze her if he continues gazing at her. She taps her pen against the table lazily, meeting Lena's gaze. Lena raises an eyebrow in his direction, a confident smile on her lips. "I want to do it" She confidently declares, and Alexis is taken aback by her statement, but she nods. She did not think Lena would be ready, but apparently, she had underestimated her and her abilities.

"You should have seen his face after the football game" She murmurs as she meets Lena's gaze, and Lena smirks as she jots something down on the paper, passing it to the front of the classroom. 

 Lena's grin widens as she turns towards Alexis, "This will destroy him completely, trust me" She replies, tucking a piece of blonde hair behind her ear. In the few days she has known Lena, she knows a lot more about her that she had ever known. Lena is smarter then she ever presumed, and much more intelligent too.

"You know," Alexis says, pausing briefly as she stares back at him for a few seconds "I had no idea. He hid it well" She didn't see past his mask- she'd assumed his life was perfect, as always. But judging by the pictures they'd leaked to the tabloids yesterday, his life is anything but perfect.

   Lena draws her hands together, "Even if I meant nothing to him," Lena replies without hesitating "He needed someone to talk to. I guess I was the only one he believed would never tell anyone"

 "As if he believed he had you under his little finger" Alexis scoffs, scowling as she says these words. Stringing someone along for one year? Okay. But you can't toss a two year friendship down the drain without second thought. And he had done it without thinking.

 "Oh, he did" Lena replies pitifully, not lifting her gaze off the floor, as if she is ashamed of herself. Alexis cannot stop the pity that she feels for Lena, but she pushes it away. She does not have time to make friendships. She has a goal, and that's what she is going to focus on. She has no time for distractions. She destroys them, leaves the game behind, and goes to Harvard, and then becomes the CEO of her father's company. The plan is set in stone.

"Parker had me under his finger," She surprises herself by saying, and she watches Lena's sad gaze meet hers, smiling slightly "And Blair had me fooled. Everyone said I should have known" More then anything, it was embarrassing. That she simply wasn't enough for him.

"How were you supposed to know your closest friend was a backstabbing whore?"

  Alexis stares at Lena, gape-mouthed. She had summed up everything Alexis had been thinking for a year and a half in simple words. And it was as simple as that. Friends didn't do that to each other. Friends stood by each other. "I needed that" she admits, staring at Lena and Lena nods silently, a grim smile on her lips. And she means it. Somebody needed to say it to her. She had blamed herself for getting too close to Blair, for allowing someone past her walls, but it wasn't her fault. It wasn't her fault Blair wanted the one boy she shouldn't have wanted.

 As the bell rings, both of them rise slowly from their seats. Lena hightails towards Eric, but before she can, Calliope steps in front of her. Alexis groans, massaging her forehead. Calliope does nothing but pick useless battles that she has no business being in. As the residential gossip queen, she feeds off gossip. Alexis cuts towards them quickly, shoving past several people. The sooner she ends this, the less time Calliope will waste.

"Do you need something?" She politely asks as she observes the standoff currently going on. Calliope has a copy of the sleek magazine in her hand, and she pushes it in front of Alexis's face, invading her personal space. The black print is clear as ever.