"I'm so sorry," she whispers, hanging her head.

"Hey," I place my hand under her chin and lift it, forcing her to look up at me. "You didn't do it Bella."

"No, but my cousins did," she says softly, as a tear rolls down her cheek. "And because of that, I feel like I'm to blame."

"You're not, you had no idea what was going to happen and if you did, I'm sure you would have warned me."

"I would have," she nods, her eyes almost pleading for me to believe her.

"I believe you," I drop my hand from her head. "My father was killed two years ago by a rival gang and when they read his will he'd left the family business to me. It was stipulated that I was to become the boss, effective immediately. I had no idea it was coming, all I'd ever known was V and working at the bar. Suddenly I was thrown into the deep end and into a world, I'd always been protected from. For the first year I didn't take the job, I let the boys do it and just helped out. After a while I got to learn the ropes a little, and then once I thought I was ready I took over as the offical leader."

"And you want to be the boss?"

"At first I didn't want it, but now," I stop and think for a moment. "I do want it. I think deep down this was what I was always meant to be doing. Now that V is gone I don't really have anything else to do, for an income anyway, so the Vipers pretty much going to be my full-time job now. I guess I want to walk in my father's footsteps after all."

"And you don't know who killed your father?" She swallows hard.

"I don't, but I haven't really looked into it. A couple of months before his death he kind of went rogue. He was off doing his own thing all the time, causing trouble with other gangs, none of the boys really knew why."

"Jex, I ... I have to tell you something, whilst we're being honest," she says quickly.

"What is it?"

"I, it was ...well," she takes a deep breath. "I, I know who killed your father."

"Bella, please don't even say it," I shake my head.

"It was my ..."

"Bella please."

"Jex, it was my dad!" She says loudly and quickly, before beginning to sob.

"That's what I was afraid of," I breath out. "Do you know why?"

"Because your father tried to kill him, for reasons we still don't know. But when he made the kill he killed the wrong person. He ended up shooting my father's second in command and he killed him. My father was out for revenge," she sniffles. "Jex, a-are you going to go after my Dad?"

"No baby I'm not," I pull her into my arms. "I'm going to forget you told me any of that," I kiss the top of her head.

"So what? You're not going to start trouble with the Cobras?"

"They're the ones trying to cause trouble with me. I don't want any part in it," I shrug. "But if they do come after me again I will fight back Bella, like you said, after today you're just Bella and I'm just Jex, we don't talk about work matters. At home, with you, I'm just Jex, but at work, I'm still the boss and I'm a proud Viper, I will do what I have to do."

She lets out a soft sigh and nods her head.

"If you're having second thoughts about all of this it's okay," I assure her. "I know I said I didn't want the job in the beginning, but I do now, and no matter what I'm always going to be a Viper. I'm never going to give it up."

"Not even if it means us being together or not?"

"No Bella. If you're with me, you're with all of me. I'm not leaving the Vipers behind and I'm never going to become a Cobra, nor will I join forces with them."

"I understand, I guess I'm just scared."

"Why don't you take some time to think about things and decide what you want to do. I know it's not easy on you, it's as if you're stuck in the middle. But one day you might have to choose your side, baby girl."

"That what scares me the most," she snuggles into the pillow.

"No matter what you choose I love you," I say without thinking and press a kiss to the top of her head.

"Y-you do?" She stutters, looking up at me.

"I have for a while now," I nod.

"I, I don't know what to say," she says softly.

"You don't have to say it back, not if you don't mean it or feel it. But it's what I feel and I wanted you to know," I give her a soft smile, to which she replies by pressing a kiss to my lips. 

This chapter has been edited and proof read by the amazing ElleRWrites