chapter 48

Darlington felt butterflies in his tummy as he got ready for school. He had a girlfriend! He actually had a girlfriend. And it was non other than Josephine king. She was he's. He was hers. He was her darling.

He attempted a twirl as he put on his hoodie but tripped over his long trousers and fell on his bed. "Ting!" He searched for his phone excitedly. He opened it up and went to his messages. "Date tonight by 6pm darling." Was the message. Darlington excitedly put on his clothes and threw all his books into his bag. He ate breakfast while swinging his legs and humming a tune.

Dorothy rolled her eyes at his giddy attitude. Darlington grinned at her. He was humming a sweet low tune as he got into the bus. He felt butterflies as he thought about her. How was their date going to be? He was extraordinarily happy. He felt bubbles and butterflies in his tummy.

Josephine jumped out of bed, taking a warm shower. She excitedly put on a new pair of sweat pants, a Nike black long sleeve and a white hoodie over it. Putting a black scarf around her neck. Her black and white vans complimented her whole dressing.  She hopped all the way to her car after breakfast. She had planned a whole evening for them both. She had a guy feeling in her belly to take out a new gloss from it's pack. It was cold after all. Or maybe she could just leave hers then ask Darlington for his later on. She shook her head at the thought. It'll be too soon to start pulling those moves again.

She grumpily put the gloss into her pocket and drove to school. On getting to school, the bus was already there. I mean, she was 4 minutes late to her first class. She ran inside and when she burst through the door, the teacher rolled his eyes. She took her seat behind him and whispered "hey" breathlessly as she put her bag down carelessly on the ground. While his was placed neatly behind him, handing from the back of his seat.

"Hi" he said back not daring to turn in class. But that wasn't the reason. She took out a note and quickly scribbled, even through scribble was elegant. "Don't tell me Sunday was a dream" were her words and he shook his head physically before scribbling back.

"No no, I'm just embarrassed that's all" he wrote back. She arched a brow.

She dropped her pen on purpose then went to pick it, glancing at him. His lips were slightly dried up.

"You forgot your gloss?" She asked him and he nodded. She sighed and handed him hers. He blushed. Wouldn't that mean an indirect kiss? He couldn't possibly.

"Don't worry, it's new. Haven't opened it up yet" she said noticing his hesitation. He took it slowly before turning back to the teacher. He peeled off the seal neatly and opened it up, dabbing it lightly against his lips. The gloss was back. He put the gloss in his bags side pocket. Going back to paying attention to class. He felt his bag shift slightly causing him to turn swiftly to see the gloss very close to her lips. She smirked at him. "I didn't say I won't use it after you" she winked at him.

He blushed, turning to face the front but he could no longer concentrate on class. Alicia smiled. She was truly happy for her friend. She really was even when there was a slight bit of hurt somewhere in her chest. She snatched the gloss once Josephine was done. Josephine smirked at her as she whispered "tell me everything" and Josephine nodded pulling out a piece of paper, begging to scribble. She'd pause every now and then to think before continuing. Alicia just giggled as she took notes for both of them.

Josh rolled his eyes but he couldn't hide his smile. He was happy for his cousin and friend to say the least. The bell rang and Darlington clinged to her arm which surprised Josephine. He was red to his ears but he still held her arm to his chest. "No fair! You cheated!" Darlington said with a pouted frown. Josephine chuckled.

"How so?" She asked finally.

"I thought you hadn't used it." Darlington protested causing her to smirk at him and rough up his hair a bit. But the very obedient strands fell back down to lay flat on his head.

"I hadn't" she rolled her eyes at his drama, it was really cute seeing him like this. The way he clinged up at her.

"I just thought that our first official kiss after being boyfriend and girlfriend would be different" he said blushing.

"Different?" She asked surprised. He nodded and she smirked. Pulling him with her. "Hey where are we-" Darlington began but he was shoved into a closet. "Not here!!!" Darlington said pouty. Causing Josephine to move back a bit in shock. "After the date" he said and she chuckled.

"So like I drive you to your house, the kiss you at the front door?" She said in sarcasm rolling her eyes.

"Exactly!" Darlington said both hands on his hips. Till he realized she was teasing. He went red to his ear. She looked at him amused. "You- you didn't mean it like that did you?" He asked trying to hide behind his fringes but he still felt stupid.

She tilted his chin up to face her. "It's ok darling" she whispered and pecked him by the corner of his mouth. "We'd do it your way" she said with a smile stepping out of the closet and offering him a hand which he egearly grabbed on to and began to swing it as they walked to class.

School was almost over when Josh found himself being pushed into a classroom by Josephine. He stumbled into it to find a Darlington reading a book. "Shit" he cursed lowly as he noticed Darlington there, eyes almost cold. "I swear man, I'm not hooking up with your sister. We're friends and she's a really nice person and I really like her but I can't do that to you." He said almost sad and way too quick.

"Take care of her cause she means a lot to me. She's fragile Joshy. Know what you're doing." Was what Darlington said with a small smile.

"Wait, no punches?" Josh asked surprised. Darlington corked his head to the side in confusion. "Oh right. Pretty boy. Can't fight." Josh said scratching the back of his head. Darlington gave him a nudge to the elbow and knocked twice at the door and Josephine opened it. "You done?" She asked looking him over. He nodded and she turned to Josh. "Go get her stupid" she put out her fist and he bumped it.

She turned to leave when he called after her. "You didn't reply my birthday text stupid!" Darlington looked up at her to ask what was wrong. "You know I'm not good with birthday wishes" she said with a small smile as she looked nervous. Josh smirked and walked past the couple. He made up his mind that he was going to talk to Dorothy that day.

Josephine dropped Darlington and Dorothy off, reminding him to be ready in two hours. She left to go to her own house while drumming on the steering wheel, she had planned a dinner for two then a spot in the karoeke boot. She tried not going over board as to not scare him. She smiled, but it turned into a sad frown as she remembered that her dad didn't even visit her mother's grave with her for her birthday. She shook the thought off. It didn't matter, she had her darling with her.

Blehhhhhh