chapter 16

"Thats another 5 points for Preston high!" The spectator informed. Josh had just scored the second dunk in the hole. Almond was the first to win a point for their team while Josephine was more on the defensive than offensive side.

It was almost half time. The opposing team Drex high was already with 25 points. That stupid coach was punishing not just king for missing practice but also the whole team!

Darlington said silent prayers as the second half came to an end.

The cheerleaders were doing their routine.

"What is the meaning of this coach?!" Sebastian asked angrily. He hated to admit that they needed king on the offense but he hated losing even more.

"Punishment" coach answered nonchalantly.

"Well, you can punish Josephine as hard as you want but the formation is going to have to change in the second half" josh said calmly. There were a lot of people watching. Even Dorothy was watching.

"You sound so relaxed about all this!" Sebastian said.

"Boys boys, there's plenty of me to go around." Josephine said in self flattery walking in between them.

"I'm number one. I'd have to break the formation if this old man doesn't want to listen" she said. Her confidence, and strong aura spoke command.

"Well, go out there and beat them royal!" The coach said enthusiastically. They should learn from that.

(A/N : royal is the name of the basketball team for Preston high. Their big game is usually played on an open field but since this is just the first game its not that big of a deal)

"R-O-Y-A-L We would win because we rule!
We've got in the bag
No no not the cat

The ball goes whoop in the basket

Preston royal! Preston royal!

We've got a king, a Lord and a knight!

Let's play this game like fortnite

Let's school this kids on how its done!

Bring them down! Preston royal!" The cheerleaders sang. They even got whistles from the opposing team mates. Natalie didn't falter as she winked back and continued their routine.

(Note: only Josephine has the last name king. Josh's last name is Loard. And Sebastian's last name is Nicholas)

"Lets show them!!!!" King roared throwing her fists in the air and the team mates did too. The coach smirked to himself. That ought to teach them. They rely on the king, Lord and knight.

Let's just say the game went "swish swish bish another one in the basket. Can't touch this put 'em all in the basket"

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

The game ended with Preston high in the winning. And Dex high in the losing. 51:40.

"Hey everyone! Party at my lake house!" Josh announced and the crowd of students roared.

Josh threw the best parties ever. King hardly ever threw parties at her house, not like Josh  did either so this was something that got everyone excited.

Dorothy scoffed at his corky self. She hated it. Too many girls were around josh and she hated it.

"Darlington you should come too!" Josh said jogging over to Darlington. "This win is practically all because of you" Josh added and Darlington adjusted his glasses shyly.

"I don't think I should-" Darlington was saying

"Oh don't worry. It'd be fine. I'd pick you up by 8" josh cut in.

"It is your party. I don't want you to be late to your own party" Darlington said shyly.

"You do have a point. Ok how about this? I'd text you the address Kay?" Josh said bringing out his phone and texting his address to Darlington. "See ya!" Josh waved jogging over to his team mates.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"No 'well done josh, you did an amazing job'?" Josh asked leaning against the lockers. Dorothy turned around with a sigh.

"Well done Josh, you did an amazing job" Dorothy said in a monotone voice.

"I'd have invited you to my party but you're underage and i dont think Darlington would let you" josh said ignoring her attitude.

"Not even interested. Go have fun with older girls!" Dorothy said with a wave walking away.

Josh felt his heart skip a beat. It hurt. Just A little. But it hurt.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Darlington stepped into the booming lake house. He was contemplating but later decided to give it a shot. He didn't want to disappoint josh.

"What are you doing at a party?!" Lyn shouted over loud music, a red solo cup in her hand.

"Josh invited me......"Darlington replied shyly. He had lied to his parents that he was spending the night at Josh's place but josh had other things in mind.

"You look cute!" Lyn commented again, taking in his colourful floral beach shorts and his baby blue Hawaii shirt. Her cheeks went rosy. He was so cute!

"T-thank you." He replied, his cheeks had spots of pink on them. He looked at her purple romper dress and it looked beautiful on her so he decided to return a complement "y-you look pretty decent too" he said, hoping he got his complimenting right. she flipped her orange hair over her shoulder, tucking some behind her ear (A/N : girls😑)

Lyn blushed at his comment. Lyn could hear Tatiana calling her name over the music. She quickly shows Darlington to the couch, promising to come back to keep him company.

Darlington sat there awkwardly. What do people do at parties?. Darlington sighed. He took ot his phine trying to block out the loud music as he watched a cooking show.

"Hey" an all too familiar voice said, dangerously close to his ear. he stiffened, his heart beating fast, he knew it was only one girl with that kind of aura.

"L-leave me alone" he chocked over loud music. Was that the boldest he could go?

"Why?" King asked sliding in beside him.

"B-because" Darlington was saying when "Darl! Come get some drinks!" Josh called out. He was by the other side of the room at the bar.

King's eyes became slit, seeing Sebastian beside josh, waving a bottle of vodka. And king grabbed Darlington's hand possesively "you're not going" she stated and Darlington rose a brow.

"Josh invited me,  if he wants me to have a drink with him, then I will" Darlington said snatching his hand from hers

That corky bastard

A/N: hey. I know youre tired of seeing me. I don't want to be here either in a way.

Updates are going to be slow now..... so ...... yeah.

This writer has things going on in her head... a lot actually but I'd survive. I hope.

See you guys!!!