chapter 40

Omg mama just reached 1k!!!! Reads!!!!!! Ahhhhhh I'm happy.....

Darlington was red to his ears. He laid down on his bed, tucking himself under the covers. He listened to her snores before he himself fell asleep. She loves me......

Thursday came by so fast and Darlington was eager. He didn't wait for the bus, he strolled to school since he was extremely hyper. Well, he ran to school. He was putting on a purple hoodie and matching purple sweat pants. His hair was tied back and glasses bouncing up and down his nose.

He got to school panting. It took him a whole 20 minutes to get there and he was sweating a bit. Not much people would be there After all, it was 6:50 and he was too early.

He passed by lockers and walked into homeroom where he'd be having English which was a compulsory subject. He found Alicia sitting at the back, legs crossed on her table with combat boots and hands behind her head supporting it as she leaned further into her chair.

But there was something off. She seemed to have bruises on her face and some on her arms. She opened her eyes as she felt his presence. They didn't speak. They stayed there in the class.

They weren't friends. Just classmates- no - they weren't friendly enough to be called classmates. Acquaintances? - no - they didn't exchange names. She just came up to him asking to check up on Josephine. Strangers? Yes, that was it.

Alicia stood up angrily. She was sick of being in the same class as him. The sudden movement caused her ear to ring and her to loose balance. She came face first with the cold tiled floor. Darlington was shocked. His eyes widened in horror.

"A-li-cia!" Josephine called in a sing song voice. She was used to the fact her best friend was an early riser and was excited to see her after 3 days. She was putting on a big button up top and a white fur sweater with a grey scarf, blue jeans and ankle boots. She pushed open the door to class to find out that it was empty. Just two bags. One on the seat to her right,  and the other the seat to her front.

She panicked putting her bag down carelessly and running to look for her bestfried and her darling. It was 7 am already. There was no way she wasn't in school. Some students were already in school, but few. She heard low groans coming from the nurses office and a "You don't have to be so loud" from a voice she recognized as Darlington.

She walked into the nurses office not knowing what to expect as she found Darlington in one of the stalls. His sleeves were folded up and he was squeezing water out of a towel, into a bowl. On the bed was a groaning Alicia who seemed to be in pain.

"Just shhh. You're so loud" Darlington said with an eye roll as he put the towel on her head, that when she relaxed, drifting to sleep. Darlington sighed shaking his head, he turned around to find grey eyes on him.

He turned red slightly. "She has a fever" he said and Josephine nodded in understanding. He stepped out pulling the curtains. "The nurse wasn't around so I had to-" he was saying when Josephine cut him off.

"I know. She had a rough fight yesterday" Josephine said taking a step back to give him space to pass. He nodded in understanding. He put down his sleeves as he walked over to the nurses table. Josephine just couldn't help but notice how his little hips were still visible through the big hoodie.

"So.... you were worried." Josephine stated breaking the silence and Darlington hiccups at the statement. Josephine was directly behind him. Pressing him closer to the table making him gasp at the proximity. "Well, were you really worried?" She asked, her voice above a whisper as she trailed her hand under his hoodie, causing him to suck in sharp breaths.