chapter 30

Josh walked into his room. Suddenly feeling hot despite the chill in the room. He threw his sketch book carelessly on the bed, took off his jacket and tossed it on his bed too.

He honestly felt hot. He took off his top. He was about to take off his trousers too when Josephine barged in "Hey Josh so about the invited guests-" she was saying before stopping at the door and looking at him surprised.

He cleared his throat and she leaned against the door frame still in her gown and denim jacket outfit. "That's new" he said pointing at her clothes.

"I know. Darlington is into girly girls." She shrugged walking in and taking a seat on his bed.

"You? A girly girl? Ha!" Josh laughed. He left his trouser sit loosely at his waist as he watched her.

"Whatever" she said rolling her eyes. "Any who, some guest would be arriving tomorrow and we are to welcome them and all that. Explain to them the foundation on which this was built and why it was built. Have you checked the hall down stairs?" She said leaning further into the bed with her hands as support.

"Yeah. It could hold a hundred people or so. The guest are at most 80. Us included and the hall was designed not just to be used as a bounguet hall but also ball room. If I'm seeing this correctly, a couple thousand dollars would be enough to take care of the food, drinks etcetera." Josh spoke, throwing his shirt back on.

Josephine nodded going deeper into the bed when something black caught her eye.

She removed the book from under Josh's coat and flipped through it, "You still draw?" Josephine asked curiously which made Josh stiff as he turned towards her.

"Please don't look through it" his voice practically begged. Josephine arched a brow. Already at the first page. She closed it with a sigh.

"Drawings of someone special?" She asked him and he nodded causing her to groan.

She turned in his bed, laying fully, arm as a pillow. "Do you think I hurt her?" Josephine asked and Josh sat beside her putting his sketchbook away.

"Yes" Josh replied plainly.

"Yeah. I thought as much." Josephine said a sad small smile on her face.

"Maxwell might be there tomorrow" Josh informed and Josephine shot up into a sitting position. Her heart quickened at the mention of Josh's elder brother.

"Oh....." she said lowly. "How has he been?" Josephine asked laying back down.

"Good. Said you've been ignoring him though" Josh said laying down beside her and they both stared at the ceiling.

"First loves are so hard to get over" Josephine sighed.

"I know what you mean" Josh agreed closing his eyes briefly before speaking "thinking you could fill up the empty hole they left by using others"

"I know what you mean mate. But it never works. It's been what? 2 years? And there are those whom we are starting to like and ignoring those who wag their tails at our scents" Josephine said taking a deep breath.

"Cruel aren't we?" Josh laughed dryly and Josephine smiled and breathed an agreement.

"Dorothy asked me to be her date. I said yes" Josh spoke and josephine turned slightly to smile at him.

"Well congratulations" she said grinning at him.

"Lets make sure we confess our feelings soon enough" Josephine added and Josh laughed.

"Yeah" he breathed before finally closing his eyes to welcome sleep in the evening.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪