chapter 7

Josephine walked into class dragging her bag with her. Today, unlike her usual button shirt, she was wearing a Gray deep neck boys vest and black leather jeans with a black leather jacket around her waist and Gray Nike boots. She took her seat behind Darlington who seemed to freeze as she came nearer and  She smirked at that.

Alicia walked in shortly after and shot Darlington a death glare and he seemed uncomfortable after that. Even after the class had started, he began absent mindedly itching the back of his head were the bandage was. And feeling guilty about this, jojo grabbed his left hand from behind making him stop. His eyes widened in fear and shock until she leaned into his ear from behind and said "could you stop that? You're distracting me and I'm trying to concentrate love" her tone cold and devoid of her real intentions as she let go of his hands roughly, causing him to retreat his hands to his lap and pull his hood of his purple coloured hoodie that he was wearing upwards. He cursed lightly as he got a hiccup because of her touch. "Pinapple" he sighed. It was maths class that Monday and after this, it would be Darlington's favourite class, catering craft.

The bell rung harshly as he skipped to his locker, there some boys gripped him "punk" one of them said flicking Darlington's glasses slightly. "Whats up with the purple huh?" Sebastian said with a smirk walking over to Darlington and leaning into his ear to whisper "purple is my favourite colour" and Darlington's cheeks went pink as Sebastian pulled away and him and the rest started chuckling loudly, getting the attention of some students...

Tears began to form in Darlington's eyes so he bit on his lips, hard as they walked closer to him while he took steps back, till he was against his locker, Sebastian towering over him. "Knock it off guys" king said, she was close to them but non of them budged. "Back off before I lose my cool Seth" she repeated grabbing Sebastian's arm and shot him a glare that told him to run. And reluctantly, Sebastian backed away, mouthing this ain't over pretty boy. And that made Darlington gulp.

"What are you waiting for? You too darling, scram" she said and he nodded, running to his class. She wanted to add a "be careful" but he was already out of sight. Damn, he is fast, king thought as she bit her lip. Maybe she was too hard on the poor guy. She sighed and walked to catering craft lab. She sure as he'll hated cooking.

"Ok students, today we'd be making easy stew, your ingredients are already in front of you. Turn your cookers on and begin. I'm not in the mood to waste time" Mrs Huron said, she was a chubby lady in her 50s and had beautiful white skin with glasses on her face,

Darlington began, chopping his onions then tomatoes and Josephine who had her work station to Darlington's left watched him. He had so much passion in his eyes, but then he cut himself, and he didn't serem to care, he sucked on the finger slightly and that made Josephine groan. He was so cute and could cook, pull off being sexy with baby blue. He continued and she, she looked at her untouched ingredients and sighed, this was going to be a long class.

"Everyone, you did excellent! Except you Josephine. You submitted an empty plate" Mrs Huron said glaring at jojo who gave a nonchalant expression.

"I wasn't made for the kitchen, I was made for the field" she scoffed and walked out of class seeming annoyed but it seemed like Darlington knew what was wrong with her.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

It was lunch time and everyone was eating in the cafeteria. Jojo was alone with a scowl on her face at the popular table. The other populars decided to give her space since she was in a terrible mood. All except the queen bee. The lead chearleader, Natalie.

"-they are so last season! I mean, now your house, your house won't lose it's value even in the next 20 years to come! I'm wondering when you'd invite me to your house again,-" Natalie trailed off, tracing circles on jojo's exposed arm. Jojo glared at her slendr fingers that were meant to be seductive but now it was just down right irritating.

"Like not for parties or anything..... just me and you that's enough you know....." She said and king had enough but she wasn't going to blow off at her right now. Usually, in situations like this, Alicia would be here to save her best friend but she left school early so she'd practice before the street fighting contest this evening.

"Excuse me" Darlington said holding his tray, and King's head snapped up, a warm smile forming on her face as she saw him and Natalie stopped her obnoxious flirting and glared st Darlington.

"What do you want?" Natalie snapped not even trying to hide her distaste for Darlington and king raised a brow at her, daring her to use that tone again but it seemed like Natalie didn't notice it.

"I-i-" Darlingt on began to quiver, he found his throat go dry and he didn't like it. He wanted to talk but he couldn't. "Gosh you're such a wimp!" Natalie snarled and Jojo had had enough of her attitude.

"I think you need to leave"jojo said in a low, authoritative voice and Natalie rolled her eyes, got up clicked her tongue at Darlington as she passed him by.

Obviously Darlington couldn't help but be shocked. He had no idea why everyone gave jojo and Josh so much respect. Come to think of it, Josh had suddenly dissapared after third period.

"What do you want darling?or are you just going to stand there and watch me eat?" King snapped at him and he mentally prepared himself for the worse as he gulped hard and took a seat opposite her. He gulped hard and began....

A/N: haha! What's wrong with Josephine ?

Tell me, what are your thoughts on the book? Please like, comment and share 😊

I'd really like some feedback❤❤❤👍