chapter 41

It was a one and a half week due date to submit and Josephine finally decided to show up. She looked haggard and tired. "Sup!" She said as she stepped into the kitchen where they were waiting for her.

"Sup?" Lyn asked glaring at her. Sebastian rolled his eyes.

"Relax Asian girl" Josephine said tiredly. Darlington was angry. He looked very angry. "What's up with him?" Josephine asked Sebastian who shrugged.

"You're wrong with me" he stated. Low and filled with venom. "Do you know how worked up I've been about this? I heard a celebrity chef is going to be there! I wanted to impress him! But no! You just keep promising to show up and then don't! Do you know how nerve wrecking this is for me? It's huge!" He said, his face going slightly pink. His breathing was faster. He was upset.

"Woah... relax man. I'm here now." She said cooingly. She attempted to walk over to him when he stopped her.

"Let's start this."

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

They had used up almost all their ingredient and all that was left was to pop it in the oven. Their mistake was asking a Josephine who hadn't gotten sleep in days to watch the cake while Darlington, Lyn and Sebastian freshened up.

Darlington could smell something like smoke coming from downstairs. He first thought about the best possible explanation as he ran down stairs with shorts and a big t-shirt.

"Oh Lord!" He mouthed to himself. Their cake was burnt. And the oven was smoking. He gleared at Josephine's sleeping form on a seat close to the oven.

"Damn it!" Darlington rose his voice enough to wake her up. He quickly brought everything out of the oven and threw all the pans into the sink that couldn't hold them all.

"Oh God- I'm so sorry" joseohine said a hand over her mouth. Darlington ignored her. When he was done he stomped upstairs to his room with Josephine right behind him. "Relax for God's sake!" She practically pleaded. He ignored.

"Relax? I should relax?! Why the he'll didn't you say you won't be able to watch it?! That was the only task Josephine! That was it! Now you've burnt the rest of our hard work because of your personal problems!" He spoke after getting into his room and turning to face her. He sounded uncaring and annoyed but what made her boil was the fact he was shouting. But she didn't move.She tried calming him down but with the wrong choice of words.

"Look, I could hire the best bakers in Canada to do it. There's nothing to worry about okay? So just calm-" he snapped. "Down. It's just a cake, I don't know why you're getting so worked. I'd take you for dinner to blow off steam if want?" Dinner? Darlington couldn't help himself anymore. He was angry now.

"So what? My work is just carp? Nothing to it isn't it? You think money can get you everything but it Wong get me the satisfaction of doing it myself! Dinner? You think I like you Josephine?" He said her name. His blood boiling. He was red to the tip of his ears from anger.

Lyn and Sebastian happened to arrive at that very moment. Seeing the burnt pans and slight smoke, they rushed up stairs to find Josephine by Darlington's door. She clenched her fists.

"I just thought- then why kiss me so many times? You're confusing! Your making my head hurt. You'd kiss me then act like nothing happened. If you don't like me then what is it?!" Sebastian was shocked at the fact that Josephine was raising her voice.

"It was impulse" Darlington said monotone. He didn't want to say any of the things he was saying but her disregarding his efforts and abilities was something he couldn't stand. He just hated it when people thought he wasn't good enough. That's what happened with the cooking organization and that's exactly what she was doing.