25- UsUk #3

strings au xoxo :-*
-
When you turn 18 you are able to see the string that connects you to your soulmate. Arthur never thought much about his string and soulmate after the first 4 or so years of running around America like an idiot trying to figure out where his blasted soulmate was. He wasn't going to stop looking, really, but he was offered a job he couldn't refuse up in Aberdeen and he just became so wrapped up in it.

For a couple years after that Arthur almost forgot about his string. After accepting that job his best friend got sick and his days consisted of going to work and visiting Francis at the hospital, and then the days changed to going to work and visiting him at a treatment center. Eventually Francis became tired of it and even though Arthur was hesitant to allow his friend to stop caring about his own life, he saw how affected he was by the treatments and how much it was taking out of him, and also how it wasn't really helping.

So Arthur's days changed again to going to work and coming home to help Francis and trying to make his days more comfortable. The main thing that came with that was helping him try to find his soulmate before his time was up and that meant going out. Every night.

"Arthur?" Francis began in that weak voice that Arthur only used to hear when Francis had just finished a crying fit, the voice that was now just Francis's voice. "Yeah? Francis what do you need? Do you want me to grab-?"

"No." It was the firmest he had heard Francis speak in a long time, all he usually did was joke around or try to express his love as if it was the last time they were going to see each other. Surprise and intrigue colored Arthur's face and he leaned closer to the friend he barely recognized anymore. His eyes skated across the pale yellowing skin and sunken eyes and the thinning but still surprisingly full still blonde but darker somehow hair that managed to frame Francis's face perfectly despite his sickening look.

"Anything you need darling, I've got it." Arthur took Francis's frail and boney hands into his own and stared into his still beautiful deep blue eyes and without further words let him know that he would move heaven and Earth for him and possibly even more if it were possible.

-

So now Arthur was on a plane strapped in next to his best friend in first class with countless IVs inside him despite the protests he put up this morning.

The flight attendant came around and asked if they wanted anything and Francis attempted to order a blood and sand, again. Again meaning last week Francis managed to convince Arthur to take him to a gay club and he had gotten the glass a hair from his lips when Arthur returned from the bathroom and with a sad but knowing look Francis put it back on the table and slid it to Arthur to have.

After politely telling the flight attendant that Francis would not be having any alcoholic beverages, Francis was now silently fuming.

"Francis you cannot spend the next nine and a half hours mad at me, all I'm doing is trying to-"

"I didn't ask for this." Francis suddenly whispered with tears brimming his eyes, Arthur's eyes shifted down and saw how much Francis's hands were shaking. "Love, I know you didn't."

"And-" Francis chokes and a few tears slip out, Arthur reaches for him but he waves him away with his hand. "I know you didn't ask for this either."

"Francis-"

"You didn't sign up for this when you met me. You signed up for a breathtakingly hot study buddy."

Arthur chuckled, "Francis."

"Oh come on as if you really thought I didn't notice how your breath caught every time I opened my mouth."

Arthur's hand flew to his mouth and blush crept up his face, still after all these years. His best friend still acted like the horny teenager fuckboy he was when he was 16, even ten years later. Ten years later Arthur still wished that Francis had just been his soulmate. Before they turned eighteen Arthur found himself falling hard for his best friend, despite how often he tormented him with inappropriate comments and annoying sentiments about just how great he was in bed. He was lying too, considering that when the time came he had no clue what he was doing and him and Arthur laughed through their first time.

Hetalia Soulmate AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें