Chapter 23

We were walking back to the lobby right after morning practice. I have my gym bag on my shoulder and a bag of fresh Ube-Cheese pandesal that I got from one of my bakeries here in Batangas.

"Sarap naman pala ng luto ni manang!" Biro ni Jia. They came with me when I went to my bakery eh. Its called "Baked."

"Syempre naman" I said as I reached our room. Kianna was already there. Magkakasabay sila nina Tyang and Kalei na umakyat after training.

I entered our room to find Kianna out in the balcony. I placed my bag down and walked over to the balcony. Kianna always does that when she has a problem. She would try and get fresh air.

"I shouldn't" I whispered to myself while closing my eyes. Its day 6 of the training camp. And so far, I wasn't too nice to Kianna. I spoke to her only when I need to and I would try to avoid her as much as possible. I just..... couldn't risk feeling the pain again.

It might be selfish, but Im trying to spare myself from anymore pain. God knows how much I love you, Kianna. To the point where I get hurt so much but I wouldn't let go. I took a deep breath before going out to the balcony.

"You seem....troubled" I said softly. Hell I couldn't stop myself from caring, ok??

"and now you care" Kianna sighed. I approached her and stood beside her, leaning on the railing.
"Ever since day 1, you just act like I never exist. Would only approach me if you really needed to. Speak to me as little as possible" she said. I looked at her, speechless.

"What? You think I wouldn't notice?" She said and looked at the sky. I studied her face and tear tracks were evident. She was crying.

"you were crying" I stated. She faced me. Oh God I am trying my best not to hug and caress you.

"Clearly. But why are you acting like that?" She said plainly.

"I was..... being careful" I said and stepped back and went inside. I was only an inch away from breaking down. I took a deep breath but then I started hearing rain drops. I glanced over and Kianna was still on the balcony.

"God, what am I doing?" I muttered to myself and sat on my bed, turning on the tv to watch netflix.

I was watching Sherlock Holmes when I started to hear the rain pouring hard. I looked over the balcony, and Kianna was still there.

"What is this woman doing?" I asked myself and stood up, walking towards her.

"Get inside." I said and she just ignored me.
"Inside. Now" I repeated but she just glanced at me. Ugh stubborn!

"Magkakasakit ka."I approached her and held her arm. And guided her back inside.

——————————
The next day.....
"Where have you been?" Kianna asked as soon as I entered our room. It was only 5am and I just got back from my bakery to get some ube-cheese pandesal.

"Just baked something" I said plainly and offered her pandesal and started fixing my training gear. We need to be down by 6am for breakfast. I looked at Kianna and she was clutching her forehead. Ha? Is something wrong?

"This tastes familiar" she said. Well it used to be your favorite

"Maybe you tasted it from the bakery." I said and continued packing.

"Do you even plan on having a conversation with me?" She asked. I stopped getting ready and faced her.

"Isn't this a conversation?" I asked and got back to packing my bag

"No. All you ever do is reply to me. They say you aren't the quiet type. So will you stop talking to me with a short,dry and plain sentence as a response?" Kianna said. Damn I bet she's getting annoyed with how I interact with her.