Chapter 21

Bea POV
I drove to Ateneo early morning and it was raining. I felt all numb and I have no will to do anything. I hate this feeling. I feel vulnerable and for the past few weeks, I feel like a walking corpse. Great. The sky joins my sadness.

"Why? Kianna" I muttered. It has been weeks since that happened. I turned on the radio and the station was playing a Taylor Swift song

So I'll watch your life in pictures like I used to watch you sleep

Flashback
"Hello? Bei. I-Its Kianna. Bea anak nabangga sya" It was Tita. I felt my world crumble. Something bad happened kay Kianna. I felt weak. I felt breaking out. Why did I let her? DAMN IT BEA WHY DID YOU LET HER DRIVE?!

And I feel you forget me like I used to feel you breathe
The doctor came. It was a few days after the incident and Kianna has just awaken from a coma.

"The patient has survived the surgery. Although, she might have lost parts of her memory. It would be better if she could only meet her parents first. Because stressing out and triggering her brain with a wave of memories could further the brain damage she has" the doctor said.

"Will she ever recover her memories?" Tito asked.

"Theres a chance. But it might take 2-3 years. We cant exhaust her brain right now"

And I'll keep up with our old friends just to ask them how you are
"Bei, she cant remember you" Tita told me with her tears falling down. I sat there, fallen. Thinking of why. Of all the people you could forget. Why me?

Hope it's nice where you are
I stared up at the moon. She couldn't remember me. Our relationship or anything. She just cant. And im afraid, that if we force information, I might loose her forever.

And I hope the sun shines
And it's a beautiful day
If its meant to be, it will be. I'll wait. I always do. Even if it takes a hundred years, baby. I will wait.

And something reminds you
You wish you had stayed
"Its hard, I know it is" ate Ly tried to comfort me.
"Maybe not today, but someday everything will go back to where it is" Ate Ly added after she stumbled upon me drinking the night away.

-end-

I felt the tears graze on my face as I forcefully shut the radio down. I yelled my pain. I hit the stirring wheel of my car as I was parked near BEG.

"Of all the things you'd forget, why me?!" I cried. It was always like this for the past few weeks. I tried meeting her. But she didn't recognize me. It was too dangerous if we forced her memories to go back.

I just sat there with my own despair when someone knocked on my door to see ate Den. I gave in and opened my door

"Kianna would've hated seeing you like this, Bei" ate Den said. I just broke down infront of her. I might look desperate and vulnerable at this point, but I didn't care.

"Lovers turned strangers. The pain is unbearable" I muttered. Ate Den caressed my face, looking me straight in the eyes.

"Look, Kianna would never want to see you cry and hurt yourself like this. For the past few weeks, you were like a walking corpse. She isn't gone, Bei. Theres still hope. And if its meant to be, it will be. Now cheer your ass up or else you're in trouble" ate Den said causing me to chuckle. She's right. Maybe instead of crying here, I should be working hard. Waiting for her.