The investigation continues

Chun Hua proposes a trade to Qiu Yue, where if he returned the Xuan Bing Stone to Xiao Bai, she would stay with him until the Bai Hua Calamity’s toxicity flared up and took her away. Wordlessly, Qiu Yue held out the Xuan Bing Stone to her and after she took it, he pulled her in for a kiss. She doesn’t fight against him this time but her chest soon started to hurt and Qiu Yue quickly used his vital energy to alleviate her pain. He then tells her that he is very happy with the results of his test and will await her return after bringing the Xuan Bing Stone to Xiao Bai. When Chun Hua replies snarkily that he should pray that the Bai Hua Calamity doesn’t flare up when she sees Xiao Bai, Qiu Yue nonchalantly tells her that it was fine if she died, he could just freeze her in the Ice Gorge to accompany him. Chun Hua turns away from him as she called him a ‘damned pervert’.

After sending Chun Hua back to Feng Ming Manor, Ye Xing Zhu reports back to Qiu Yue who was sitting at his desk as he mindlessly drew circles on the table with his hairstick. She asked him for their next plan of action because taking back the Xuan Bing Stone was part of their plan. Qiu Yue brushes off her concern, telling her it was alright because it was interesting that as the leader of the good sects, Xiao Bai needed the evil sect Qian Yue Cave’s Xuan Bing Stone to wield his Feng Ming Sword. Their next course of action was to let Xiao Bai know about Mr Shi, who hadn’t been following the rules recently.

Back at Feng Ming Manor, Chun Hua passed the Xuan Bing Stone to Liu Feng who used his vital energy to place it into Xiao Bai. Liu Feng was worried for Chun Hua, wondering what she had given Qiu Yue in exchange. Qian Yue Cave’s entrance was constantly changing and only Qian Yue’s people could enter but she seemed to be able to come and go freely. Chun Hua replies under her breath that that was because he would always be standing there and waiting for her. Liu Feng then tells her that they had heard something last night and rushed to Xiao Bai’s room but saw who they guessed was Qiu Yue taking her away and entered the room only to find Xiao Bai on the ground, telling her that she had to forgive Xiao Bai because he wasn’t in control of himself. Chun Hua then stayed with Xiao Bai as she waited for him to regain consciousness.

Xiao Bai woke up to see Chun Hua resting on his table again and excitedly rushed towards her for a hug before stepping away and apologising. Seeing his frustration at being unable to get away from Qian Yue Cave’s restraints and having to rely on the Xuan Bing Stone, Chun Hua runs out of the room. Xiao Bai mutters a silent farewell to her.

Later, the five youths return to the restaurant to celebrate Chun Hua’s return and Xiao Bai regaining his vital energy. The lady boss started to be touchy with Liu Feng once more and Leng Ning became grumpy again. Chun Hua saw their interactions and curiously inquired about what had happened but when Xiao Bai told her to ignore everything, she looked at her four friends and realised that things weren’t going to be the same anymore. She was troubled and excused herself, telling them that she would go for a walk. When Chun Hua hadn’t returned when the dishes had already arrived, Cai Cai volunteered to go in search of her. After Cai Cai had left, Liu Feng sees Li Yu with the lady boss and went to check it out, leaving Leng Ning and Xiao Bai at the table.

Meanwhile, Chun Hua had wandered into a forested area where Cai Cai found her and suggested that they found a place to rest their tired legs. When Cai Cai expresses her relief at Chun Hua’s return and reassures her that Xiao Bai would be good to her, Chun Hua replies that she was different from them – She didn’t know martial arts and only hoped that the person she loved wouldn’t scheme or sacrifice her. She then shared her worry with Cai Cai, about whether she had done the right thing by giving Xiao Bai the Xuan Bing Stone – He could’ve lived a carefree life just being himself – but Cai Cai points out the fact that knowing Xiao Bai’s character, he would feel guilty for neglecting his responsibility.

Cai Cai then returns to the restaurant alone because Chun Hua wanted more time alone and on her way back, Cai Cai had found and purchased Ba Xian House’s Medical Sage’s medical book. Liu Feng also returned to the table at that moment to see that Leng Ning was alone because Xiao Bai had gone back first. Liu Feng updates the girls that he had overheard the lady boss and Li Yu discussing the puppet and that he had also found the silver needle. Liu Feng then takes a look at the book and noticed that there were many errors in the prescriptions. Who exactly is Mr Shi? Pu Er or Li Yu?

Chun Hua sat alone in the forested area until her Ice Silkworm Pearl started to glow and she looked around in slight anticipation but quickly calmed her expression when Qiu Yue appeared. He then sat beside her and guided her to lean on him but she pulled away, telling him that she didn’t like how cold his body was. She also didn’t like Qian Yue Cave and his lifestyle. When Chun Hua later asked Qiu Yue how much he liked her, his reply was “A little bit more than yesterday, a little bit less than tomorrow.”. Chun Hua was touched by his words but she soon started to hurt again. Qiu Yue promised to find a cure within the next few days and Chun Hua tells him he could come to find her after finding the cure. Even though this wasn’t in their original agreement, Qiu Yue compromised with her, telling her that he would bring her back to Qian Yue Cave in five days.

Feng Ming Manor had strict surveillance on the interior and exterior of Ba Xian City, with half of their forces swarming the city while the other half guarded Feng Ming Manor. Qiu Yue was initially pleased with this because everyone would end up killing each other while Qian Yue Cave remain untouched but when he remembered that Chun Hua didn’t like dead people, the smile slipped off his face. Ye Xing Zhu then reports that a gambler he had previously saved, Li Yu, had set off to find Cai Cai because Qiu Yue had promised to save his mother. Hearing this, Qiu Yue comments that Cai Cai was a good lady, adding that they must not let her follow Xiao Bai. After reminding Qiu Yue to be careful, Ye Xing Zhu tells him that she had been searching for a way to cure Bai Hua Calamity but Qiu Yue tells her not to bring it up again.

Back at Feng Ming Manor, Cai Cai, Liu Feng and Leng Ning waited for Xiao Bai in the main hall  while he discussed strategies with the various sect chiefs because Qian Yue Cave’s forces were assembling half a month in advance. Later, a servant tells Cai Cai that a certain Mr Li wanted to meet with her.

Cai Cai follows the instructions she had been given and ends up meeting with Li Yu. After being initially held at sword point, Li Yu later asked her what she would do if someone used her loved one as leverage to threaten her to do something she didn’t want to. Li Yu then provides her with clues, bringing up a certain Mr Zhong that Qin Liu Feng and Fu Lou had once investigated, who was collecting fresh bodies. Even though it was a false name, it was bound to be related to the actual person in some way. In addition, Ba Xian Residence had other businesses besides the restaurant so they should check those out too.

Back from his discussion with the sect chiefs, Xiao Bai waited at the main hall for Cai Cai to return with Leng Ning and Liu Feng. After some pestering from Leng Ning, Liu Feng proudly reveals his observation that regardless of who Mr Shi was, after the Longevity Fruit auction, he would be a rich and powerful person. Leng Ning scoffs at this and tells him that Cai Cai had long thought of this point and was currently collecting all the businesses’ account books in the city. When Liu Feng laments that others’ love rival were of the same gender while his was of the opposite gender, Leng Ning cheekily suggests that she accepted them both as wife and concubine.