Awkward Moments with Ashley

AXE'S POV

Ever since the day at the hospital, Walez has been acting weird. Thank goodness I booked him to go dress shopping with me before he turned into a nomad, or who knows when I'd see him? How do you miss someone that's standing right next to you?

I look over at him, examining him. Even though he's wearing a grey beanie, I can tell he cut his hair. If it didn't look so good, I'd be pissed. His jaw is a little squarer than I remember. Other than that, everything else is about the same.

I hate shopping.

I try to get it over as soon as possible, but I think I might just drag it on, just to spend time with my best friend. And to figure out what's going on with him. I miss him like crazy.

Doesn't he miss me?  

I look over at Walez whose eyes are trained straight ahead.

Geez Walez, am I that ugly?

He hasn't looked me straight in the eye once today. He looks everywhere, but at me.

"What?" He says, his eyes still trained on whatever is in front of him.

I don't answer, I just stare at him.

"Axe, you're freaking me out. Stop staring."

Again I just stare at him as we enter yet another dress shop.

"Axe..." He says deadpanning.

Yet again, nothing. You will look at me Weylynn."

He finally stops and turns toward me and looks at me. "Why are you staring at me like that big eyed girl that doesn't talk in Dexter's Laboratory?!" He says frowning at me.

I just smile at him and walk toward a rack like nothing happened. Haa!

Behind me I hear a disgruntled huff and an unintelligible mumble. Walez attacks the rack next to me, knowing exactly what not to pick up.  We shop like that for a few hours until I can't take it anymore and head pack to the store we started in and buy the dress and accessories I was going to buy all along.

"Really Axe!! We could have finished this hours ago!" He yells at me as we exit the store headed toward food court to meet up with the rest of the guys.

As we pass the restrooms I grab his hand and drag him into the utility closet at the end of the hall.

They really should lock these doors. Who knows what could happen in here. 

"WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE I DON'T EXIST ANYMORE!! WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!! I DRAGGED THIS ON FOR AS LONG AS I COULD BECAUSE I DON'T GET TO SEE MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER ANYMORE!!!" For a while we just stare at one another, breathing hard until I sigh and lean against the door. "Just...tell me what I did to make you...so...this?" I say dejectedly while gesturing toward him. 

I go to touch him, but he goes rigid. "It's not important, we should go." He says before walking out of the closet toward the food court.

Why is he so complicated? I ask myself while bumping my head repeatedly against the door of the utility closet.

He opens the door almost throwing me off balance. "As cool as it would be to have a unicorn for a best friend, you're going to give yourself a concussion. Let's go Axe." He says before stepping out once more.

I groan and leave the confines of the closet. Shortly after we see the guys talking animatedly on line at the taco bell.  I make my way toward Maq, ignoring Walez altogether.