Welcome to My Life

You know those moments in life when you look around, the birds are singing and the sun is all "lalalala", there are dancing daisies in your head, and you think "I love my life", then you sigh happily? Yea, today is not one of those days. Before I go any further let's go backward almost a week.

So we told Whaleman after school before we left for the hospital. His reaction was basically the same as Maq and Axe's. Haha...sounds like a kick ass candy. Maq & Axe's hard candy...like Mike's hard cider. haha...yeah...

Anyways, we had to wait for a while. Which was dumb since when I saw the nurse she said I should have been seen right away since the bruising was so bad. Good news is no internal bleeding, or any more broken bones.  Not that I'd notice if I did. Once you've had as many as I've had, you learn to ignore the pain after a while. I got x-rays that showed all the bones that have repaired over the years. The doctor asked how I got them and I told her everything. 

She had one of the nurses call the police. They took a report, photos, and a copy of my x-rays. Since I'm a foster kid they were going to send me back to the orphanage, but Jabb's mom told them that I had been staying there and that she wanted me to stay for good.  The cops said she'd have to speak with my case worker. Jabb's dad, now back from his tour overseas. He told the police they had better hope that they get to Frank before he does.  Axe and Whaleman's moms were in tears and kept mothering me. My head between two pairs of mom boobs. Best night ever... 

The best part though, is that all my best friends where there with me. 

Now to the not so great part. Once Frank was brought into custody, a very pregnant Hannah storms into the precinct and slaps the taste out of my mouth. She's yelling and cursing at me. Telling me that I'm a liar, and that she hates me, and that I took Frank away from her. Axe's mom comes between us and tells Hannah that she better be glad that she's pregnant or she'd get the ass whooping of a lifetime.  Whaleman's mom promises Hannah an, and I quote, "intergalactic ass whooping" as soon as she delivers the baby. The cops broke it up and asked if I wanted to press charges against Hannah. I declined. She's just hormonal right now. 

The good thing is, that led to more mothering from all the moms. And that's how two pair of mom boobs become three. Best night ever... 

The rest of the week was pretty cool. I moved into Jabb's house permanently. I could have gotten the week off of school to heal, but what's the point. I have gone to school in worse condition.  It's like this huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Granted this isn't over yet since I still have to testify in court, but it's still better than it used to be.

That Friday we went paint balling. Jabb, Whaleman and I got our butts kicked by Axe and Maq. They are the most badass couple I have ever met.

Anyways, we just finished getting our butts kicked like four times in a row, and Axe is doing her victory dance.  I take the opportunity to shoot her in the butt, twice. She leaps like four feet in the air and yells "Muthanugget!!"  It was the funniest thing I have ever seen and heard. I laughed like a tickle-me Elmo. 

Fast forwarding here, I get tackled by her, we started wrestling, and got kicked out because there were people waiting. We got something to eat at the diner and then we to Whaleman's to shower, eat, and get ready for our gig. 

Aaaaanyways, the start to my not so great weekend began on Saturday a little after lunch.  I was walking up the block, coming from the store. When Frank pulls up a few houses away with a baseball bat.  We start fighting and he sucker punches me, picks up the bat that I knocked out of his hand and hits me in the leg. He goes to hit me again, but Joseph, Jabb's dad tackles him and starts wailing on him.  The bat gets tossed into the grass somewhere. The cops show up, but by then Frank is unconscious, bleeding, and his face is swollen. He looks worse than I do.

They take a report, pictures, and a couple statements from the neighbors. We found out that Hannah put up the bail money to get Frank out. They have me file a restraining order against both Frank and Hannah. And I get to take a ride in an ambulance to the hospital.   Again, x-rays show nothing is broken thankfully, but I have to get stitches for my eyebrow and an ice pack for my eye and lip. 

Frank has a concussion, a broken nose, a busted lip, three chipped teeth, and two black eyes; he needs stitches and 3 of his ribs are cracked. Note to self, never piss off papa Joe.  He did all that to Frank with his bare hands. All Frank needed was a broken arm and a two broken ribs and he'd have all the injuries I've had over the years. Although I have never had 3 chipped teeth. 

Frank wants to press charges against Papa Joe, and since he's is a naval officer he has to face a military judge. I'm pretty sure since he was protecting me, that he'll be found innocent.

I'm just going to skip Sunday altogether.

That brings us back to today. You're all caught up on current events.  I have to go to school today.  Oh joy. I have been lying on my bed looking up at ceiling for what seems like ages.  I wish I could just dissolve into the mattress and stay here forever.  I drag my feet to my closet and take out my denim colored v-neck t-shirt, my black ripped skinny jeans, and my black beanie.  Lets get this day started shall we?

Jabb and I make it to school. Oddly after all the feet dragging, we make it on time, super charged! RIMSHOT!! You get it? Because of the feet dragging and static...never mind

I sit all the way in the back, in the corner near the back door.  And of course, its high school so eeeeeveryone knows your business, or at least some version of it.  Most people have been supportive, but you do occasionally get the A-hole who needs their face rearranged. I've been more than happy to accommodate them.

As I'm walking home blasting 'Love Isn't Always Fair' by Black Veil Brides, a car pulls up next to me. Before I look to see who it is I already know who it is. I mean who else would drive a brand new Mercedes —AMG GT S to school? Rich much?

OUTSIDE POV

Maq drives slowly next to Reyke. "Hey! Get in!" Maq yells

He climbs into Maq's car and they drive off.  The car is silent until they reach Maq's house.  They head in an head up to his game room and everyone is there. 

"Alright he's here. Butt whoopin' time!" Jabb yells in a high soprano, which doesn't sound all that bad actually.

Reyke laughs looking at all his best friends and their smiling faces. "Thanks guys."

"Don't start crying dude..." Walez says with a smile.

"Shut up and move over. I got next." He takes a slice of pizza and a bottle of water. He leans back onto the blue bean bag chair and watches Walez and Jabb in virtual combat, while Maq sits behind Axe like a protective shield with his head on her shoulder. 

Best day ever...