GOODBYE

AXE'S POV

Lenny Kravitz American Woman is blaring in my ears. "Ugh, what does she want?" I say pressing the end button sending it straight to voicemail. Five seconds later my ringer is going off again.

"Babe just get it.." Maq says in that sexy sleepy voice.

"I don't wanna.." I say whining. "See there, it stopped ringing." Five seconds later, it's ringing again. I unwrap Maq's arm from around my waist, and sit up. I look at the screen and see HER flashing across the screen. I just cut the phone off and put it under my pillow. I re-wrap myself in Maq's embrace and go back to sleep.

FIVE MINUTES LATER

Walez barges into my room. "AXE GET UP!" He yells while rummaging through my draws and throwing clothes at me.

"Why? I was sleeping. You suck Walez..." I say pouting and sitting up.

Maq looks over at me just as a pair of sweat pants lands on my head. He snickers, and greets Walez. "What's the rush?" He says yawning and stretching.

"Axe, Ma Lyn has been calling you all morning!!" He says taking my pajama shorts off and putting my sweat pants and socks on. "I know you're tired, but you need to get up Axe."

"What does she want?" I say annoyed.

Walez huffs and frowns at me. "Arms up." He instructs while taking my sleeping shirt off and putting another on me.

Maq watches us amused as he puts his shirt back on.

"It's your Dad." He says putting his hands on my shoulders and looking me straight in the eye.

I frown at him. "What about him?" I say cautiously.

"He's waiting for you." He says with a sad smile.

"What do you mean waiting for me?" I say standing.

Walez looks down, and then looks up at me with sad eyes. "He's..." He says swallowing, and scratching the back of his head. "He's not doing good Kitten. So, we need to hurry up to the hospital. That's why Ma Lyn has been calling you. He's asking for you."

At those words my world comes to a screeching halt. Please not yet. I pray hoping the reason Dad is asking for me isn't what I'm thinking. I pale. I'm so wrapped up in my thoughts I didn't even realize I was lifted and carried to the car and am now sitting in the back seat of Walez' car with Maq's arms wrapped around me. My body is just numb. I can't hear anything Maq is whispering to me, I can't move. It's like I was hit with an paralyzing dart. Everything is blurry, my head is spinning.

Please be okay Dad.

Minutes later we arrive at the hospital. Again I'm being carried. I have to see him. I just need to make sure he's okay. Everything is happening in slow motion. Walez is running ahead of us turning a corner. We follow close behind him. He presses the button for the elevator, but it's taking too long so Maq kicks the door for the stairs open and we run up. It seems like forever, but we finally make it to the IC floor. We pause momentarily and I see Walez looking at the door numbers in both directions. He's slightly down the hall and signals us left. We follow as he runs ahead. I see my mom up ahead waving us down. She's has tears in her eyes. She touches my face and says something, but I can't hear her.

We turn into a room and there on the bed is my Dad. A doctor and three nurses surround him looking at various machinery. We walk toward him and I see a faint smile on his oxygen masked face. It's like I get a shot of adrenaline and I'm running toward his bed pushing the nurse out of the way. I bury my head in his chest and inhale him. I listen to his faint heart beat. He rubs my back. I look up at him. I can't contain the tears that fall from my eyes. "Dad, please don't go. Not yet. Please..." I plead.