Distance

"I knew this was going to happen. I saw it coming. I really wish I had made that bet you had proposed," a hushed voice says.

"That was really fast. We all saw it coming but I thought it would take a little longer," another voice whispered. Okay, tried to. I hear a snap sound second later and snuggle into my pillow wishing they would go take photos somewhere else and let me sleep.

"Hey! What are you guys doing? Weren't you supposed to come get..."

"Shshsh! You are going to wake them up!" Marco says. Yes, I recognize him now after Nessa came in talking too loud. "These two are so adorable. They always were."

"Oh My God! This is so beautiful! Did you guys take a photo of them?" she squeals. My pillow tenses.

"A picture of who?" Oh! Ad's here. Wait! My pillow tensed again. Is that scientifically possible? No, right? But, wait, everything is possible in a dream. At least I think so. What do these guys want?

"Uhmm, them?" Nessa answers nervously. My pillow shifts and I snuggle into it. Mmh! This is comfortable.

"What the hell! What's going on here?" Ad's voice booms. He' annoying even in my dreams. Argh!

"Exactly what you wanted. Paigey and Booker finally get along," Marco explains. I don't understand what these people are trying to say. I am asleep. Okay, trying to be. What does that have to do with Zayne? Why do they associate everything I do with him?

"We'll be waiting downstairs. C'mon, babe," Hunt say.

"You should all leave. I will wake her up," Zayne's raspy sleepy voice says. But he's right next to me.

What! He was right here all along? Oh, right! We took a nap. So that conversation was not a dream at all. No, they were really here.

Awkward!

I know, voice in my head.

The door closes two seconds later and Zayne let's a long breath like he'd been holding it for a really long second there.

His hand is around me and our feet are still entangled. My head is buried in his neck but he moves the second I lift it.

"You're up." He lies on his back facing the ceiling and his hands off me.

"Have been for a while, apparently. I thought their conversation was a part of my dream but it seems not," I sit up and he does too.

"Yeah, well, don't let it into your head. We have to leave in a bit," he says walking to the door.

"You coming?"

How when he just banged the door? He is doing it again and I am genuinely tired!

Tell me about it, voice in my head. I sigh and get out of bed.

I change into a red two piece swimsuit with my white crochet cover up and place my sunglasses on my head after putting my hair into a high ponytail. I pack a few clothes for tomorrow and pick up my sandals along with my phone. I'm all set.

I find Marco and Hunt cuddled up on the couch while Ad and Nessa are nowhere to be found. I place my bag with the rest as Hunt said they would arrive hours after we do. Some butlers will bring the boat and that will bring us back tomorrow.

Taking a walk seems to be the best idea at the moment so I drop my sandals by the door and walk to the beach.

My first time walking along this beach was with Booker. We had met Hunt a few years before that and his parents had invited us for a weekend get away. Of course we would say yes after the long time that we had already spent in school.