He's a good boy now.

I woke this morning feeling like a truck drove over me last night. Might as well be because am hungry. I slip my sandals on and head downstairs hoping nobody is awake yet since it's only six o'clock. I get some snacks and get back to dad's room.

Dad's room has an awesome porch that gives the best sunrise view where I make myself comfortable.

I call dad just to know how his morning is. He picks up after two rings, sounding as jovial as ever. Of course, he was up already in his study getting some work done. "How are you, Punkin?" he asks some time into the call. "I am ok, dad. I was just enjoying the vitamin D from your room," I explain putting the dishes away. Yes! I have eaten already. That fast!

You dont need to tell everyone how greedy you are!
Argh! Voice in my head is awake too. Cue mental facepalm. Need I remind you that we are one?
Shut up and listen to dad!

"My room? I thought we said my room is only to be used when necessary?"
"Trust me, dad. It was necessary. Even as grown as we are, he still manages to piss me off!"
"Oh yes, the Zayney boy is back. But he ain't that bad. I met him yesterday. He is a good boy now." He says it with so much confidence am afraid we are talking of two different people.

"I wish he was that way around me but he isn't. It's ok though, Nessa is here so I can manage. Have fun, daddy. This is a break for you too, ok? Get some friends together and hang out even if it's for an hour, deal?" I press since I know he is as much of an introvert as I am.
"Deal, sweetie. Iris and I agreed to meet up later so I can show her around," he says so quietly I almost miss it.
"Daddy, we both know you won't meet Mia Booker to show her around rather catch up on the years they have been away. But that is good enough. Say hi to her for me. I love you, daddy."
"I love you too, Punkin. Have a good day. Say hi to Adrian and everyone."

I hang up and watch the sunrise. My mind lingers on dad's and Mia's relationship before they left. We had almost merged into one family. We had dinners and family movies together. We made barbecues and got tan out on Sundays. Until it all changed one weekend. Mia got a compulsory transfer and we didn't even have time to say goodbye.

There are days

I wake up and I pinch myself

You're with me, not someone else

And I am scared, yeah, I'm still scared

That it's all a dream

'Cause you still look perfect as days go by
Even the worst ones, you make me smile
I'd stop the world if it gave us time

'Cause when you love someone
You open up your heart
When you love someone
You make room
If you love someone
And you're not afraid to lose 'em
You probably never loved someone like I do

"C' mon love. i know you hear me out here. Lemme talk to you. Please," Nessa says right outside the door. That is our favorite song even if it applies to none of our love lives. Well, make that Nessa's love life since mine is non-existent.

I walk over and open the door as it plays on. She follows me out back and sits with me as we sing along.

And you still look perfect as days go by
Even the worst ones, you make me smile
I'd stop the world if it gave us time

'Cause when you love someone
You open up your heart
When you love someone
You make room
If you love someone
And you're not afraid to lose 'em
You probably never loved someone like I do

All my life
I thought it'd be hard to find
The one 'til I found you
And I find it bittersweet
'Cause you gave me something to lose

But when you love someone
You open up your heart
When you love someone
You make room
If you love someone
And you're not afraid to lose 'em
You probably never loved someone like I do

By the time we are done we are both laughing our ribs out because, to be honest, we suck at singing. "I am sorry he made you mad yesterday. I will not leave your side from now until we get back home," she says hugging the life out of me.
"It's okay," I reply when I can breathe again. "I kind of think I overreacted. I knew he would get to me even before we left school but I still accepted. I will just try and avoid him for the remaining part of this."

"Let's get this party started then. We are going for a swim and you are not saying no. We will get food later when Hunt is awake and has got his culinary magic done."
We change into the bikinis she brought with her and rush to the beach where we spend our first three hours of the day.

....................................
Hey guys.
I made another update! Yay! Short as it is, I still have not got any feedback on what you guys think. As much as we know i will still write more, please leave even a simple greeting😂
Anyway, I love you guys and i will try to update ASAP!😘