Chapter 55: Our Town

To: BabeCarolineFrom: LoverRyanHappy birthday! I'm sorry I'm not with you and I know you're a vampire, but happy birthday

To: BabeCaroline
From: LoverRyan
Happy birthday! I'm sorry I'm not with you and I know you're a vampire, but happy birthday. I love you.

Ryan hits send before getting dressed.
<<<!>>>

Ryan goes to school and she sees Elena decorating Caroline's locker. Caroline never texted her back. Myra has taken over 'best friend' role with her and it hurts. Elena looks at her and just looks away. Ryan looks down and she walks down the hall. She's losing everyone.

She goes toward her class and she sees Jeremy cleaning out his locker. "Buddy, where you going?"

"Denver, I'm going to stay with a family friend," Jeremy replies.

Ryan nods. "You be safe."

Jeremy hugs Ryan. "I'll say bye now because if I do it later, I won't go."

"I understand," Ryan coos. "Goodbye, Jeremy. I'll kiss my mortal combat buddy."

Jeremy smiles and he gets back to packing. Ryan pats his back before going to class.

"You didn't tell Ryan you had Damon compel Jeremy to leave?" Bonnie asks. "She's your sister."

"She's the bad guy now," Elena says. "House full of weapons, friends with the Originals. Sister or not, she's a psychopath and she needs to be defeated."

Bonnie frowns. "She is choosing her own path instead of being compelled, and Ryan's happy. Alaric even told me he approved because Ryan is happy."

Elena shrugs. "I don't care. Ryanelle Gilbert is an enemy now. Just like Katherine."
<<<!>>>

"What is it, Nik?" Ryan asks as the hybrid she's listed at calls.

"Stefan killed Mindy," Klaus says.

"What?!" Ryan gasps. "I'm on my way,"

Ryan leaves her house again and locks up before going to Klaus's. She removed her leather jacket and puts it on the coat rack Klaus just got and she hurried to the area that will be a living room. Mindy's body is laying there with no head.

"Oh, Mindy," Ryan coos. "She was my friend."

"I know, love," Klaus says.

"I caught word from Bonnie," Ryan says. "Where I live in a vampire free house with an amory of weapons and friends with you, I'm an enemy now... A psychopath that needs to be defeated."