Chapter 6: Lost Girls

(Ryan won't be in this chapter.  I good you're enjoying.)

"What are you?" Elena asks. "What are you?!"

Stefan's face falls when he realizes what's going on and his hand falls to the side. "You know."

"No, I don't," Elena shakes her head quickly.

"Yes, you do, or you wouldn't be here," Stefan says with a solemn face.

"It's not possible..." Elena doesn't want to believe it. "It can't be."

"Everything you know... and every belief that you have is about to change," Stefan informs her. "Are you ready for that?"

"What are you?" Elena asks once again.

Stefan looks straight into her eyes as he replies, "I'm a vampire."

Elena lets out a shaky breath. "I shouldn't have come."

"No, please..."

Elena goes to run but Stefan speeds in front of her. "No, no!" She cries. "How did you do that?"n

"Please don't be afraid of me," Stefan pleads.

"Let me go," Elena pleads.

"No... Elena, there's things that you have to know and understand..."

"Let me go!" Elena yells and she rips her arms from Stefan's grip.

"Elena, please..."

Stefan watched helplessly as Elena runs to get car and hurriedly ged in. Elena drives home and she runs upstairs,and into her room. She closes her door and goes to close her window and she sees Stefan suddenly. Elena goes to run but Stefan rushes over and outs his hand in the door to close it.

"I would never hurt you," he says to her. "You're safe with me."

Elena is breathing heavily. "All those animal attacks, those people who died..."

"No," Stefan says quickly as he pulls away from the door. "That was Damon!"

"Damon?" Elena whimpers.

"Yes," Stefan replies. "I don't drink human goood. That's not how I choose to survive, but Damon does! I'll explain everything to you, Elena, but do not tell anybody." 

"How can you ask me that?" Elena asks with her wife, doe eyes.

"Because you knowing this is dangerous for so many reasons," Stefan replies. "You can have me, but I need you to trust me."

"Just go," Elena pleads. "Just go, please. Go. If you mean me no harm, then you'll go!"

Stefan frowns. "I never wanted this," he says and he leaves.
<><><><>

The following morning, Elena dresses with a determined look on her face and she goes downstairs. She grabs her leather jacket on her way out the door, and she meets Stefan at the Grill. The two of them sit at an outside table and order drinks.